Computer Help forum

General discussion

no responce and beeping

by rossmcd / August 1, 2005 7:52 AM PDT

I recently install a new graphics card ( ATI radion 9600 XT) and was playing one of my games ( Dawn of War ) when the game froze so I pressed Ctrl+Atl+Delete then the start buttton and they both did nothing, The Pc was completly frozen so I pressed the manual reset button, The pc did not start back up. I got a blank screen and the light on the monitor was the one I get when my PC is turned off. not only this but the tower is making a beeping noise and both the red and green lights are constantly on but flashing very very fast. If any one has had this problem or can help remidy it please contact my at roobobintenday182@hotmail.com asap,

thank you
Ross McDonnell

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: no responce and beeping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: no responce and beeping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reseat the card
by Yew / August 1, 2005 7:54 AM PDT

Open the case, and after grounding yourself, proceed to press down along the length of the video card. My guess is, at some point, you'll feel it slide in a little and the system will start afterwards.

Collapse -
tried it
by rossmcd / August 1, 2005 9:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Reseat the card

I've tried that and putting my old graphics card back in. still no responce no start up and still the beeping

Collapse -
When you
by PudgyOne / August 1, 2005 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: tried it

When you reinstalled the card, did you disconnect the power from the machine. I once tried to install RAM and I didn't unplug the power and it would not work until I did it the correct way

Hope this helps

Collapse -
yea
by rossmcd / August 1, 2005 7:02 PM PDT
In reply to: When you

Yea, it all worked I had got and installed the card the day befor and all was fine,

Collapse -
PSU
by phantazy / August 1, 2005 5:14 PM PDT

Is your psu wattage enough? And what about RAM?

Collapse -
meets all
by rossmcd / August 1, 2005 8:14 PM PDT
In reply to: PSU

my pc meets all system requirements that the graphics card needs. could the card have effected the CPU or my HDD's?

Collapse -
Decent video and power
by Willy / August 1, 2005 10:52 PM PDT
In reply to: meets all

The power rail or leg can be overwhelmed even if you have good power supply. Meaning, that portion of power for that lead is too much and shutdown if you're lucky or blows it. Graphics power is at least 25W for a decent video card but can get into 35W which is far more when added to whatever other devices are present using the same power leg. Swap leads if possible, otherwise a even bigger namebrand p/s unit is needed. If you have access to another less demanding video card and it works, then you know its power issue. It maybe already too late but at least it powers-UP. Others will have a failed system. Of course all devices and componets are effected by power as its a common link amongest all. If possible test elsewhere those componets.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!