Question

No Picture or Sound for Minutes!

I have a Samsung LN40A530P1F built in Jan of 2009. Lately when I turn the tv on, it takes several minutes, (5 to 10) before a picture appears on the screen or for any sound to come on. It does this with or without switching it to tv air, cable, satellite. So, I know it's the tv. What is the fix? Unplug it for an hour? Change electrical outlet location? Go back to factory settings? Or, is there some kind of backdoor code to clear it up? Thanks for any help. Of course, the tv is never moved or touched, so it wasn't dropped, hit or damaged in anyway.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: No Picture or Sound for Minutes!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No Picture or Sound for Minutes!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Link, comment.
- Collapse -
no clicking

I don't seem to hear any clicking.

- Collapse -
updates

I do the updates, I guess I can try again and I will post what it says.

- Collapse -
NO. Do not update if it's current.

I did not write to do that. There is always a risk when updating and if it goes south, at least I didn't tell you to do this.
Bob

- Collapse -
problem solved

I called Samsung 800 number and Roger from India told me to plug it into wall and not the surge protector and bam. It began to turn off and on. Thanks.

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: No Picture or Sound for Minutes!
- Collapse -
Answer
Second idea. Anything plugged into USB ports?

Try it without that.

CNET Forums