Question

No Picture from LG 50PS60 Plasma TV

Y'day while watching a program on TV(LG 50PS60 Plasma), there was a buzzing noise from the TV for around 5 mins.. then it went away on it's own... today the buzzing noise came back for 2 mins or so & suddenly the TV went blank (no picture.. sound still on)
So I rebooted the TV & tried again. I heard the click of the switch on, the small display light turned blue & then turned red again. The screen did not light up at all. Tried waiting for 2 hrs with tv off & tried switching on again. Still no picture.
Any idea anyone?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: No Picture from LG 50PS60 Plasma TV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No Picture from LG 50PS60 Plasma TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sadly this tells me the TV needs repair.

It doesn't really tell what's failed but one last thing. Remove all cables along with the power cable for a few minutes and then with just the power cable does it power up? If not, hope it's in warranty.
Bob

- Collapse -
No luck

Thanks for the reply.

I already tried that. It does not power up.

I was reading in other discussions about it possibly being the Z-SUS Board. Is that something I should order & try out?

- Collapse -
Answer
Buzzing on 50PS60

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps for you to try before seeking service:

Check to see if the menu will come up when this happens, if so, it may be that the TV is powering off at this time in which case it may be related to a sleep setting or could indicate service needed.

If the buzzing noise is loud enough to interfere with the TV's audio, service is needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
^CL

- Collapse -
No

The screen does not come on at all now. So no way of checking anything on the screen. Also there is no buzzing sound anymore. It's totally dead. Could it be the Z-SUS Board like I read in some other discussions?

CNET Forums

Forum Info