Samsung forum

General discussion

No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay

I have a Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay player that I purchased in Denmark in june 2013. The only app that is preinstalled is Youtube. Internet connection is Ok and the Youtube app works OK. The SW version is 1014.1. But it says E5400. Not E5300. Is it possible to get the Netfix app and the Smarthub app in a SW update or from an install from the internet?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Lots of moving parts and "agreements."

In reply to: No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay

Netflix is only in some countries. Be sure to ask Netflix if they are in your country.

As to the model number question, we always ask Samsung to clear that up. Installing the wrong firmware by force can result in a player that needs to go to the shop and my bet it won't be free.
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Lots of moving parts and "agreements."

Thanks for your answer.

Well Netflix is available in Denmark and it runs OK on the iPad and the Microsoft computer. I don't understand why I can't have the Netflix app. for the BD-E5300. Is the Netflix app. a country specific app? Has it something to do with the IP address. I know you can detect location fron the IP address.

With regard to the firmware version: It's not "installed by force". The BD-E5300 is set to auto detect firmware updates from the internet

Collapse -
Now I see the confusion.

This model in Denmark doesn't have it but other countries do. I can see why folk would ask now.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay

Hi chrbech,

I do see that firmware version 1014.1 is the most up to date version for the US model of this blu-ray player. However, as this device was purchased in Denmark I cannot speak on the availability of the Netflix application. Please reach out to Samsung Denmark regarding this issue.

http://www.samsung.com/dk/info/contactus.html

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: No Netflix or Smarthub on Samsung BD-E5300 BluRay

Thanks for your answer.

I contacted Samsung Electronics Nordic and they replied that the BD-E5300 does not support Netflix. It's not compatible with Netflix.

Still I don't understand the country specific part of it. Netflix is availabel in Denmark and it runs OK on the iPad and the microsoft computer. As far as I can see on forums the BD-E5300 can be used with Netflix in the US.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.