Computer Help forum

General discussion

No "Internet Tools" options in IE7 - help or insigh please!

I installed IE7 (on XP home sp2, up to date) it goes smootly and it work nice.
The problem is that I do not have "tools" "internet option" access; clickqing on it, it just flash and disappear in an flick.

I tryes explorer "whitout add-on" (eventough I did'nt installed any) and its the same thing.

I reinstalled IE7 many times, I even reintalled windows (...) But the same problem still occur.
Of course I made many "cleaning" procedures (Ccleaner, Ace and others), used differents "spy cleaner" and antivirus, but founded nothing.
Sad

I also tryed many patches fromt microsoft, like http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928849/en-us which did'nt worked. Needless to say it did'nt di a thing.

But, having no "options", most solutions just cannot apply.

If you had similar problem

S

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No "Internet Tools" options in IE7 - help or insigh please!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No "Internet Tools" options in IE7 - help or insigh please!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do you run Spybot's immunize?

In reply to: No "Internet Tools" options in IE7 - help or insigh please!

If so go to the immunize section and uncheck 'Lock IE Control Panel from opening within IE'.

If you don't have Spybot installed, try doing as is suggested in this link by njustice

http://www.windowsforum.com/archive/topic.php/t-2167875-1.html

If you used the Group Policy Editor and forgot where you went, then do this part first (which should correct the issue):
1. Go to Run
2 .Type gpedit.msc
3. Select User Configuration
4. Click Administrative Templates
5. Right Click and choose "Show Configured Policies Only"
6. Click Internet Explorer folder
7. Click Browser Menus
The setting should be revealed.....

Do as above steps from 1 -4 then
Click the Internet Explore Folder
Click the Browser Menus Folder
Look for: "Tools menu: Disable Internet Options..menu options"
Right click and choose Properties and then
Disable...

I am betting on Spybot S&D immunization setting.

Collapse -
still stock whitout options...

In reply to: Do you run Spybot's immunize?

Hi Edward
So nice of you to being there!

Your quite good, and with my laptop Sbyboot it was the problem (i founded it by myseld Happy ) and then and had been able to settle the "no option" bug. It was easy as it was a different errot message "Youre not permitted to ... "

But on my PC I did not not have spyboot installed for month (years?) beside, I reinstalled Windows XP (3 windows reinstallations since).
Do you thing I should reinstall a new version of Spybot and change the options?

MSC options
Having xp home (..) I did'nt have the gpedit.msc options, but downloaded it this morning and dit as suggested
The Tools menu: Disable Internet Options..menu options. was "not configurate". I disactivated it but still no change.

NJUSTICE way
The cleaning suggested By njustice also did'nt change a thing.

By the way, Edward, thanks so much for your time and help.

Collapse -
(NT) Do you have internet options in the Control Panel?

In reply to: still stock whitout options...

Collapse -
Good question ! I dont have it!

In reply to: Do you have internet options in the Control Panel?

Good question Tomron !
I never noticed it but actually, I do not have "internet options" in the control panels.
Any suggestion to settle that ?

Thanks in advance
Marie-Helene.

Collapse -
Well, since those didn't work tell me...

In reply to: still stock whitout options...

EXACTLY what happens if you click Start then Run then insert the following into the Run command line - REGSVR32 /N /I INETCPL.CPL

You should get a specific message box.

You might also simply copy this entire key from your laptop to your desktop (assuming both are XP SP2 and both have IE7).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions

To copy it you simply open REGEDIT.EXE and navigate to that key and once you have it selected Click on the Registry menu item and then select export registry file. You then copy that file to your desktop and double click it to merge it into the desktop's registry.

Collapse -
tried

In reply to: Well, since those didn't work tell me...

Hello again Edward.

after run REGSVR32 /N /I INETCPL.CPL
I have the message "install succeed", but still the Internet option still vanish...
And still no "internet option" in control panel.

I'll try to copy the registry key from my laptop when I'll be home.
Be sure that I'll let you know whatever happen.
Thanks for being there!

... An enjoy your week end!

Collapse -
redg key did'nt work, but I found a weid way...

In reply to: tried

Copying the laptop registry key did not work (both laptop and pc have xp home sp2 and IE7 )

But i manage to open the inetcpl.cpl from C:\WINDOWS\ie7\inetcpl.cpl and made a shorcut on the desktop. Strangely, from there it works.
I wish I had a better solution.

:-). My impression is that a former popup bocker or spyware blocked do that. Byt none are installed (except windows defender) since my last windows reinstallation and most had been desinstalled. I use to have tune utility and ace utility way before...

Thanks so much for your time.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.