General discussion

No Internet connection

Hi, can anybody help with this, i've set up 2 pc's in the same room using 2 NIC's and a CAT 5 cable. i have broadband connected to one machine, i've set up the network so machine 2 can access files and also access internet on machine 1. However, i can access files no problem, but it will not connect to the internet....any suggestions??

Goofs

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: No Internet connection
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No Internet connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is the Forum tip not showing?

It reads: " Tip: If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution. "

Your issue may need to tell what OS and more, but I offer ZERO SUPPORT for you to try out ICS which is documented at http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/icsw98se.htm

Bob

- Collapse -
ICS problem

Sorry...should have said...both PC's are running XP

- Collapse -
Then this link.

CNET Forums

Forum Info