General discussion

No input into Samsung PN63C7000

I bought a Samsung PN63C7000 four months ago and since two day sago it will not tak any input from any of the HDMI inputs. Alll I see is a black blank screen. Any thoughts? Could this be a software problem?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: No input into Samsung PN63C7000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No input into Samsung PN63C7000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No input into Samsung PN63C7000

Juan5412,

It could be. Do you remember if anything changed after any event, like connecting, disconnecting, etc?

You might try resetting the software by, with the TV powered ON, pressing and holding the EXIT button on the remote for 15 seconds - you'll be prompted to "RESET?", Choose YES and click the [Enter] button.

Keep in mind, this will reset your picture and audio settings, as well as any network you have setup.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for your reply. I Tried it but it did not work.
- Collapse -
Fixed it!

I disconnected the Tv from the electricity source for 15 mimnutes and when I reconnected it, the HDMI inputs worked again. Incidentally , when the HDMI inputs did not work, I had a device hooked up to the RCA/compnent input and that worked fine.

CNET Forums

Forum Info