Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

No Desktop Icon for Nero

by riverrunner4fun / April 2, 2007 4:22 AM PDT

I installed Nero Ultra 7 Edition, every thing went fine, but there is no icon on my desktop for it. I have looked everywhere for it cant be found. I have installed it 2 times. Hope you can help me.I have Windows XP Profesional SP2.
Thanks
Shurl

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Desktop Icon for Nero
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Desktop Icon for Nero
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is one way.
by retired / April 2, 2007 4:31 AM PDT

Click start and programs or all programs depending your desktop. Find Nero in the lineup and hover the mouse pointer over it. You will find a few selections, I used Nero Start Smart and again right click, go to "send To" and choose "desktop create shortcut".

Collapse -
Here's what to do
by PudgyOne / April 2, 2007 4:35 AM PDT

left click on start

left click on programs

left click on Nero

right click on Nero StartSmart

left click copy

now go to a blank area of your desktop

right click

left click paste shortcut.

You now can open Nero using the desktop

Hope this helps.

Rick

Collapse -
No Icon on Desktop for Nero
by riverrunner4fun / April 2, 2007 5:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's what to do

Hi Rick, Thanks for the info., but Nero is not listed on my start programs. I have nothing in my programs for it.I have the file in my program files, but there is nothing there to create an icon for it. I have to go to run and type the name Nero 7Ultra Edition to get it to open. It's a pain.
Shurl

Collapse -
Here is the path
by Stan Chambers / April 2, 2007 6:03 AM PDT

Start/My Computer/C:\ (or your harddrive letter)/Programs Files/Ahead/Nero. Find the icon in the Nero Folder, the right click, Send To/Desktop create icon.

Collapse -
(NT) In Program Files, it may be listed as Ahead
by darclew1 / April 2, 2007 6:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Here is the path
Collapse -
by riverrunner4fun / April 2, 2007 8:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Here is the path

Hi Stan, Thanks again for the help but I Give up!!! I have done everything you and Rick have told me to do, and there is no Icon to be found what so ever. Again I thank you for helping me. Happy

Collapse -
If there is Folder with Ahead or Nero in Progam Files
by darclew1 / April 2, 2007 11:50 AM PDT

My says NERO Folder and in that is NERO StartSmart which is the Nero Icon. right click and select save as a shortcut to the desktop. Rename it to NERO StartSmart and delete the "shortcut to" part out. If you cannot find that, go to Search and type in NERO StartSmart, you may have put that folder in the wrong place. Also, search for NERO & Ahead. If you find nothing, it isn't installed. Darrell

Collapse -
by riverrunner4fun / April 2, 2007 12:33 PM PDT

Hi Darrell, Thanks I did what you told me and it didnt work. Iam just goin to uninstall it and forget it. Thanks again!
Shurl

Collapse -
(NT) Is it in Add/.Remove? If missing there, it didn't install
by darclew1 / April 2, 2007 3:15 PM PDT
Collapse -

Hi Darrell, Yes it was in the add/remove.All the files were in the program files.I installed it on my laptop with no problem. I cant understnd the problem I am having on my desk computer.I uninstalled it and went to cnet and d/l DeepBurner. I havent had the chance to use it yet,but it went very smooth. I have an "ICON" LOL> Thanks Darrell.
Shurl

Collapse -
Glad to hear it! Mine were all downloaded but I put a check
by darclew1 / April 2, 2007 10:29 PM PDT

mark in the box so I could save it to a zip drive and also intall it too. I have just what is needed, no INCD, no Showtime (have PowerDVD), no NEROMix and more. If you have NERO 7.7 Ultra, there is a free update to Enhanced and it is Vista compatible. Darrell

Collapse -

Mark what in a box???..LOL hey Darrell I am a blonde, I donn't know what you mean to mark in a box..LOL
Shurl

Collapse -
Being a blonde isn't good, I have 3 friends and 2 are real
by darclew1 / April 3, 2007 6:06 AM PDT

blondes. Nice try Shurl.Hubby of one told me so, another showe top of her pubic hairs in a two piece swimsuit. She was my first love of Loves but she is now married also at age 48 she had a son born. As to the box I referred to that is on the download of whatever is a small box on the lower left side of it. Says download but don't install. So Nero can be downloaded into Program Files and then installed when you are off-line. Then you can send that .exe and put ia notepad with your registration on it to the same and you can then save those on a CD-R. .exe is executable, that way, you can install it on your computer and copy and paste the registration number in the box from the notepad. I had missplaced my paperwork but I can't missplace the zip drive or CD-R. Darrell

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?