General discussion

No Delete After System Suite

A few weeks ago I purchased V-Com's SystemSuite for my computer (Windows ME is my OS). I'm not the most computer-literate person and it caused me all sorts of problems. I called Best Buy where I purchased it and the salesperson I talked to said it wasn't the most user-friendly and recommended Norton Anti-Virus (virus protection was what I was mostly concerned about). Anyway, the problem is that now I've uninstalled System Suite and I cannot delete ANYTHING off my computer! When I try to delete, a little window pops up and tells me, "Cannot delete. Access is denied. The source file may be in use." What can I do?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: No Delete After System Suite
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No Delete After System Suite
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If you're sure. . .
- Collapse -
That Didn't Help!

I tried deleting some things in safe mode. I got the very same error message. Anyone have any other suggestions?

- Collapse -
Re: That Didn't Help!
- Collapse -
Try deleting it from DOS if

it is available, boot into a DOS prompt.. Then find the directory and file and type del and hit enter.

- Collapse -
Why not use the free AVG anti-virus

program. Go to www.grisoft.com and download it.

Check at our virus forum if you have any doubt about how good it is.

CNET Forums

Forum Info