HolidayBuyer's Guide

Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

Rant

No Contact

by moparmartin / February 28, 2014 8:53 AM PST

Why are Cnet not contactable? I need to give them feed back about the ever growing number of clicks required to download anything and the ensuing level of confusion resulting from multiple large green DOWNLOAD buttons on each page. If I decide to download something I don't want to be annoyed by peripheral issues. Maybe this is a result of distancing from the customer base and becoming lost in corporate culture Sad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Contact
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Contact
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here'a tip.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 28, 2014 8:56 AM PST
In reply to: No Contact

Don't download from download.com unless you want malware. Well discussed in these forums.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Be Careful My Friend
by itsdigger / February 28, 2014 9:02 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks for the warning
by moparmartin / March 3, 2014 7:30 AM PST

I've actually had a few malware attacks recently and only just realised yesterday that it was riding in on software from Download.com. The most persistent of which was Yontoo that lead to attachments to my NAB page after logging out. Having divulged my mobile number before realising it wasn't the bank, I was then bombarded by messages that actually billed me at $4.50 a hit!!!!! For Cnet to condone such behaviour shows a total disregard for the public. Any company with such low morals and lack of ethics should be black banned and exposed.

Collapse -
Hi moparmartin,
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / March 6, 2014 4:35 AM PST

I apologize to you for not being able to contact CNET or Download.com.

Please go here to send feedback to Download.com:
https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=download.cnet.com

And explain to them what you are experiencing.

FWIW if you ever need to submit feedback for CNET or Download.com, go to the bottom of the page and look for the "Help Center" link and click on that, it should you to the form to submit feedback.

Thank you,
-Lee

Collapse -
Green buttons. . . .
by Cursorcowboy / March 14, 2014 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi moparmartin,

I agree with the confusion when it comes to multiple large green buttons to download anything. Most of the time you have no idea until the pop-up shows what the name of the download is.

An anomaly perhaps but to use John Wilkinson's post dated 4/23/11, AND, John if you read this, I'm just using your link as an example and how I open the hyperlink and the subsequent page display(s) I see.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7598_102-300722/read-me-known-issues-common-questions/?tag=contentBody;threadListing

Using IE8 and WinXPSP3 and I click the hyperlink "CNET Forums - Clean and Wide", in the forth thread down, I get a page either with one or more green buttons. These button when clicked bring up a download of one kind or another which may be the Clean and Wide, BUT you wouldn't know that since the title of the download I see has been "InstallConverter" - should not the name of a particular download be included in the description?

When paging back after clicking a green button to start a download that former button may change to downloading something other that what the application had shown previously. Also, I've seen at least one green button disappear after paging back leaving two where there were three. This is hard to explain but it has been fascinating just playing with that link and paging back and forth.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.