General discussion

No colors with component cable (UN46C6300)

I just bought this new LED TV (Samsung UN46C6300) but there are no colors in the picture when I connect my Direct TV receiver or Playstation 3 using component cable. I get good picture when I connect Playstation 3 using HDMI cable.

I am just wondering if there is a problem with this set and I should get it replaced or am I doing something wrong. Suggestions/advice welcome.

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: No colors with component cable (UN46C6300)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: No colors with component cable (UN46C6300)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No colors with component cable (UN46C6300)

vigo_9,

It sounds like it could be one of three things.

1. What resolution are you sending through the component cables? Often times, a low resolution (480) can have this, or a distorted affect. Check the resolution on your DirecTV/PS3 box and make sure that the resolution is consistent with a HD output resolution.

2. You can edit the name of the input for the device to see if that helps. With your remote, go to the Component input you want to change, and press:

Menu > Input > Edit Name > (choose one) VCR / DVD / Cable STB / Satellite STB / PVR STB / AV Receiver / Game / Camcorder / PC / DVI PC / DVI Devices / TV / IPTV / Blu-ray / HD DVD / DMA

3. If those still don't work, there may be an issue with the set itself, and then have it exchanged or, if that doesn't work, it can be repaired under warranty.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
No colors with component cable (UN55C6300)

Hi,

I have the same problem but with my DVD and a new UN55C6300.
Is it a known issue with this model maybe?

Thanks.

- Collapse -
No colors with component cable (UN55C6300)

Hi,

Did you manage to find the problem? I have the same issue on my new UN55C6300 but when connecting to a DVD player via component cable.

Thanks.

CNET Forums

Forum Info