A US marine filmed apparently shooting dead an injured Iraqi in a Falluja mosque last year may not be formally charged, according to media reports.
Military investigators have concluded there is not enough evidence to prosecute over the shooting, US television network CBS news says.
However, the US military said the investigation had not been completed.
"The facts of this case are being thoroughly pursued to make an informed decision," a Marine statement said.
The US military set up an inquiry after footage of the killing was broadcast by the US network NBC.
i hope this is true and more shows some one knows what goes on in battle
Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!
Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.