Question

no audio on video, only on non-video programs. Fix??

Recived message re "rundll32" stopped working. Does this have to do with
my not having audio on video programs? If so is there a free fix?
I'm running Vista and a 32bit system.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: no audio on video, only on non-video programs. Fix??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: no audio on video, only on non-video programs. Fix??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Look at your subject title.

A no audio on video, only on non video makes no sense at all.

Also no word about what/where this content is or from. You are finding folk downloading videos without reading instructions on how to play the content. It's like me handing a Video DVD and you were never shown a DVD player.

You would be stumped.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
no audio on videos

Maybe my description was incorrect. I recieve audio when accessing programs like Pandora which does not require video. When accessing news programs which contain video, I recieve the video but no audio.

- Collapse -
Re: no sound

- Does youtube work (that's Flash)?
- Can you play a regular DVD?
- What program do those news programs use to show the video (like Quicktime, Real, Windows Media Player, Silverlight)?

Kees

- Collapse -
unable to activate audio when watching on line videos

My IDT High definition audio/code status is that the "device is working properly". However, when using the test command, the message appears that the speakers fail to play a test tone.
My configurations all appear to be correct. What other malfunctions could be present?
Again, "I'm running a Vista 32bit platform". At one point I recieved an error message to the effect that "rundll32 is missing. Would this have any effect on my problem?

- Collapse -
Re: error message

Error messages about dll's certainly might have an impact, especially if you can reproduce them after a fresh boot. If they don't come up then, that problem seems to be solved. If it does, please provide the full and exact message.

Any other cause of your issues is still very unclear. You might have to do a clean reinstall of Vista to get it working. Installing a USB audio card seems a much easier solution.

Kees

- Collapse -
Sound problems

CNET Forums