User Name HOME\Smarty
Time Zone SA Western Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 817.07 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.87 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

c:\windows\system32\iccvid.dll Radius Inc. iccvid.dll OK C:\WINDOWS\system32\ICCVID.DLL 1.10.0.11 78.50 KB (80,384 bytes) 8/4/2004 8:00 AM
c:\windows\system32\ir32_32.dll Intel(R) Corporation ir32_32.dll OK C:\WINDOWS\system32\IR32_32.DLL Not Available 194.50 KB (199,168 bytes) 8/4/2004 8:00 AM
c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax Intel Corporation ir41_32.ax OK C:\WINDOWS\system32\IR41_32.AX 4.51.16.03 828.50 KB (848,384 bytes) 8/4/2004 8:00 AM
c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll Intel Corporation Indeo

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Audio in Windows Media Player 11 when playing DVDs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Audio in Windows Media Player 11 when playing DVDs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I looked twice and couldn't find.

In reply to: No Audio in Windows Media Player 11 when playing DVDs

Collapse -
No Audio in Windows Media Player When Playing DVDs

In reply to: I looked twice and couldn't find.

Hello Proffit,

Thank you for your reply. I could only find the following information.

The combination DVD/CD information is RW DVD/RDL. DVD Multimedia DISC. The name of the hardware is LiteOn DVD-RW.

I opened the link you sent me and checked the likenesses to my computer and it seems that everything is supposed to be working properly. I can't say if a codex is missing from Media Player and if so I don't know which one I ought to download and install.

Hope the above infomation helps. Should you need any other information, please let me know and I will try to source the same.

Again thank you for your kind attention. Meanwhile I await your further comments and/or instructions.

standeb

Collapse -
No, that didn't help.

In reply to: No Audio in Windows Media Player When Playing DVDs

I asked you for your DVD player software and you tell me about the hardware and then about codex.

If you don't know then that's OK, go get and use VLC PLAYER.

-> Next I think you missed out on the reason I shared that picture. I can't count how many times people didn't know how to set that output. Show me your WMP setting just like I did. Use photobucket.com
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: No, that didn't help.

Hello Proffit

I just saw your reply thread. Thank you so much for it. I misconstrued your request. In that regard I sincerely apologise. I do hope the same is accepted.

As regards the software information you requested, please find system information containing the same hereunder and I so hope it helps.

Nero All Users:Nero All Users
Nero 7 Essentials All Users:Nero 7 Essentials All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Audio All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Audio All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Data All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Data All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Labels All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Labels All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Manuals All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Manuals All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Photo and Video All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Photo and Video All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Play All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Play All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Share All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Share All Users
Nero 7 Essentials\Tools All Users:Nero 7 Essentials\Tools All Users
Nero\Nero PhotoShow Express All Users:Nero\Nero PhotoShow Express All Users
VideoLAN All Users:VideoLAN All Users
VideoLAN\Quick Settings All Users:VideoLAN\Quick Settings All Users
VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Audio All Users:VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Audio All Users
VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Interface All Users:VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Interface All Users
VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Video All Users:VideoLAN\Quick Settings\Video All Users

I do not know what the VideoLAN part is all about. It beats me.

With respect to your last request I will immediately visit the designated website and get that info for you.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

standeb.

Collapse -
I don't see any DVD player software there that...

None of those would enable WMP to play Video DVDs.

VLC PLAYER however will play Video DVDs without any codex or other titles. Example at http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Play+Video+DVD+with+VLC+PLAYER&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

I know it's very hard for many to set the audio output in WMP. This is why I posted a picture for you. What I had hoped is you could post a picture of your WMP setting in the same view so we could compare if you got that right.

As it stands, use VLC.
Bob

Collapse -
No Audio in Windows media Player 11 When Playing DVDs.

In reply to: I don't see any DVD player software there that...

Hello Proffit,

Thank you again for your reply. I must admit that I did not know how to do a print screen SysRq. I have to ask a question. How do I attach a photo to a thread in this forum? I have the photo's in my acdsee photo editor. Can't seem to be able to use photobucket.

Thanking you for your kind indulgence.

standeb.

Collapse -
Look what we've covered.

In reply to: No Audio in Windows media Player 11 When Playing DVDs.

1. How to play DVDs in VLC Player.

So the issue of not playing DVDs is no longer a burning problem.

2. I shared where in WMP we have to check to see if we selected the right speakers. It's not automatic and a basic skill you must learn.

3. You never listed any DVD player software that would enable WMP so until you do, we're done.
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Look what we've covered.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your post.

I did not know how to get the screen captures of my system that you requested, hence I did not do so. I however checked and found that in the speakers dialogue box, Dolby speakers were selected instead of desktop stereo speakers. In the Advanced Audio properties under audio tab, modem #1line playback was selected instead of Vinyl AC'97 Audio Wave. I adjusted the same.

Further, before the above checks I installed a trial version of the latest Power DVD 9. To my suprise there was sound in WMP. And after the adjustments I got sound again.

In order to know whether the adjustments are really working I would like to disable Power DVD and try WMP. Can you tell me how to do that. I don't know how.

I am really out of my league here and require some assistance.

Can you oblige?

Thanking you again.

standeb.

Collapse -
Sorry.

I think breaking things that work is a bad idea.

Power DVD "enabled" WMP. It's that simple. If my word isn't enough, ask another mod.
Bob

Collapse -
My Advice: Leave Them Both Installed..

Why fix what's not broken. On this machine, I have three or four media players, including PowerDVD, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, VLC, DivX, and a couple others.. Since I choose which one will play a particular file type, they work fine.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
No Audio in Windows Media Player 11 when playing DVDs

In reply to: My Advice: Leave Them Both Installed..

Hello Bob & Grif,

Thank you for the advice replies. I consider you guys to be the bible on computers hence when I am stuck theres nowhere else to turn to but you. You are well respected here.

I shall be leaving the programs on the system as advised.

Thank you again and keep the good work you do going. It's the best forum on the net.

Best regards standeb.

Collapse -
No Audio in Windows Media Player or Nero 7

In reply to: No Audio in Windows Media Player 11 when playing DVDs

First of all since no one told you how to print screen I will. On your keyboard usually upper right there is a prt scn button. You hit that button when you have the screen you want than open your paint program click on the page and hit control v and that should paste the screen photo.

AS per sound since no one said it I will. I just went through the same crap with Nero 7 with a Sony 840A DVD writer, called Sony they said I need a filter and codex loded them up nothing looked at my settings till seeing spots.Sony BS should just told me their Nero 7 software does no support sound.. Called Nero at $1.29 a minute found out that I need to get their full program version 9 currently to get sound. What a rip off.

Bottom line these discs we get with our DVD writers and the free windows programs do only very basic stuff . I spend a lot of time finding that out. Loaded Nero 9 trial version and got sound.(entetainment button) BTW the windows player did not have sound either.
So the reason you got sound is because the 9.0 software you loaded supports that.

Collapse -
No Audio in Windows Media Player or Nero 7

In reply to: No Audio in Windows Media Player or Nero 7

Hello there at GETProductions,

Thank you for your reply thread. Better late than never.

Well. Since the last thread you read on this subject, I just left everything as was and almost forgotten entirely about print screen. I did actually find how to get the screen capture but could go no further. Your thread certainly explains it in entirety. It got my interest right away.

Thank you so much. I will be trying it right now.

Best regards.

standeb.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.