Samsung forum

General discussion

No 3D activation on TV and Blu Ray Player

by saleupse / January 31, 2012 2:31 AM PST

Hi, I have bought a Samsung TV UE40D6500 and a Samsung Blu Ray Player D6900S. I have tried to watch a 3D Movie (Final Destination 4 in 3D), but there is no way to see it in 3D with the original Samsung shutter glasses. They are connected by HDMI 1.4 cable, but the TV does not switch to 3D Mode by playing the movie to be able to pair the glasses with the TV.
I select 3D Movie on the main menu of the Blu Ray and the movie has its own glasses (blue and red), but I want to watch it with the Samsung shutter glasses in better quality.
Why does it not work?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No 3D activation on TV and Blu Ray Player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No 3D activation on TV and Blu Ray Player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
3D Blu-ray
by _jr_ / January 31, 2012 3:13 AM PST

In order to be able to do what you describe, you must have a true 3D Blu-Ray disc, not a regular Blu-ray disc with anaglyph glasses. A "Blu-Ray 3D" disc would typically have a disclaimer on the back alerting users that a 3D HDTV, plus 3D glasses, and 3D Blu-ray player are required. In addition, the case would have a "Blu-Ray 3D" logo.

Collapse -
More info
by saleupse / January 31, 2012 4:15 AM PST
In reply to: 3D Blu-ray

I bought this Blu Ray two days ago and it has both versions on the disk, the 2D and the 3D one and on the cover there is the description that this it contains the 3D version of this film.
I am going to try with another Blu Ray disk to check if it is a problem of the disk or of the player (it is a 3D Blu Ray Player as shown in Samsungs description).

Collapse -
More info -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 31, 2012 7:54 AM PST
In reply to: More info

saleupse,

Collapse -
Correct glasses
by saleupse / January 31, 2012 3:35 PM PST
In reply to: More info -

The glasses are the correct ones, they work well when I switch manually from 2D to 3D. This glasses where in the TV-Box together with the TV.
I bought another glasses specially for the Samsung 2011 models and i get the same result.

Collapse -
_jr_ covered most of this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2012 3:24 AM PST

While I think those are all 3D models there is some debate is that is "Full" 3DHD or not. I will not enter into that debate.

However I wonder at times when a title needs an internet connection to play. Then again I've found titles that don't play unless we block the internet connection.

My thought on all that? The industry needs to reset.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?