Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

nmain error in Norton I Security help?

by Cb21 / September 17, 2004 5:38 AM PDT

I am running Win ME, with Norton Internet Security Pro 2004. When I try to access anything 'Web Tools' related (like Options)I get the error "Nmain has caused an error in WTPLUG.DLL" Also, the program seems to act more like a Popup magnet than a stopper.
I tried several searches on the Norton site with no luck, and of course when I run the automatic online diagnostic it tries to sell me NIS 2005. Thanks if you can help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: nmain error in Norton I Security help?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: nmain error in Norton I Security help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: nmain error in Norton I Security help?
by Donna Buenaventura / September 17, 2004 5:26 PM PDT
Collapse -
NIS nisplug.dll/10036
by arnereil / December 22, 2004 10:48 AM PST

My norton internet security is stuck on 'refreshing'.

I'm getting DSO.XMLDocument with res//nisplug.dll/10036

I uninstalled and reinstalled NIS 2004. At this point, I'm tempted to get NIS 2005 and see if it will clear it up.

Collapse -
NIS 2005
by oblivium / January 11, 2005 11:18 PM PST
In reply to: NIS nisplug.dll/10036

Don't. Installed it in November and still have problems. I'm planning to get rid of it and use a different AV. The problem is to uninstall it completely and I couldn't find anyone knowing how to. That is your future if you opt for NIS2005.

Collapse -
Same error
by gmanlance / January 22, 2005 11:06 AM PST
In reply to: NIS nisplug.dll/10036

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I need a solution as well.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?