Auto Repair - Roadshow forum

Question

Nissan Dayz 2013 System too lean and engine power loss

I own a car 64000K.M on odo. Previously I used to have system too lean error which was removed by replacing fuel pump. But for now the car shows an eratoc behaviour. Check engine light comes on when fuel tank level falls below 30 pc indicating system too lean condition and is gone when fuel tank is refilled to full. But engine is also low on power. Shows knocking and vibration in engine at idle speed. Have gone check through almost every part but still unable to figure out. Ur help will be a great relief to me. Car details are as follows

Nissan Dayz
660 cc
Japnese assembled

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nissan Dayz 2013 System too lean and engine power loss
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nissan Dayz 2013 System too lean and engine power loss
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Micheal's Suggestion

In reply to: Nissan Dayz 2013 System too lean and engine power loss

This is ungottable, try to consult with any authentic mechanic or prefer your regular one.

Collapse -
Answer
Maybe sounds stupid but I wonder

if your fuel tank isn't venting properly. It could be that just removing the cap during refueling breaks the vacuum and restores the ability of the pump to deliver fuel. The next time this happens, try removing the cap but not refilling it.

Collapse -
Answer
Also Face This Problem

Hey Buddy How are you hope you will sort out your problem of your car.I also face this problem. if you solve this problem kindly share with me.I will be very thankful to you
Regards 
Afnan

Collapse -
Answer
Lean

Hi, Moon; Steven could be right on, with the fuel cap. I've run into that, myself. When the CEL illuminates, are you getting a P0171 (system lean)? After filling your tank, you say that the CEL goes out?
The P0171 code should still be stored in the PCM. Does the lack of power and knocking noise continue, regardless of the full tank?
There a plethora of lean condition possibilities. Because of the ping (knocking), I'd look at the EGR valve and passageway. Check for vacuum leaks, and look for an air leak between the throttle body and the MAF sensor. Make sure that the EGR valve is closing completely at idle speeds. It shouldn't start opening until about 35-40 mph. Note any existing codes now. Clear the codes afterwards. The next time the CEL comes on, scan it again and see if the P0171 or any other codes came back. Then let us know and we can go from there.
Just in case: EGR=Exhaust Gas Recirculation...…...MAF=Manifold Air Flow

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.