Question

Nikon D750 autofocus issue

I had my D750 for a few months now, bought it in April and everything was beautiful, i loved it and although a lot of people complain about the D750 not being ready for release due to the flare issue, i didn't find any problem with my.

That changed a week ago.
I couldn't get my dslr to focus anymore. i had it on AF-S S and the focus point kept on jumping instate of the camera trying to focus.

Still in warranty, i sent it back to Nikon, but didn't get it yet.
Anyone else had this problem?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Nikon D750 autofocus issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Nikon D750 autofocus issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I had that happen on my t4i.

But it was pilot error. I had to take a hour to pour over every setting. Yes I could have done a reset but sometimes I can sit down and do a deep dive. My suspect was it's focus points. Somehow I was in some creative mode (a setting) and had changed it. I don't remember changing it but heck there it was. I don't remember the exact menu but it started to autofocus on the center area again. Before the focus point was not near the center.

There's also another area where I can calibrate the focus. Here's an article about that.
http://www.slrlounge.com/calibrate-focus-on-your-dslr-af-fine-tune/

I don't know if this applies to you but it does happen.

- Collapse -
I reset my camera to factory settings

It passed trough my mind that with so many settings i might have changed something and forgot it so, but unfortunately it wasn't the case. I reset the camera to factory settings and i was still dealing with this "jumpy" focus point.
Whenever i was trying to focus aka. pushing the shutter release button half way, the focus would jump around.

The guy at the store said that they'll probably replace the autofocus system.
It's pretty inconvenient to have the camera away for 15 days minimum and very disappointing that such an expensive piece of tech. breaks up so easy. I only used it half a year.

Plain

CNET Forums