Question

Nikon D7000 to Fix or scrap

Jan 27, 2016 5:05PM PST

Hi there,

I just sent in my Nikon D7000 for a repair, I had left it on a table infront of a window on a hot day then it was getting an F0 error and not adjusting they just got back to me with a £305 repair estimation...

Fit new spare parts Repair, replace and adjust printed circuit board. Firmware upgrade to the latest version Metering, shutter and exposure accuracy checked - recalibrated if necessary. Image capture, playback and delete functions checked. X-sync, hot shoe and speedlight function checked. Body depth, body focus, AF accuracy checked and recalibrated if necessary. Image Sensor, optics, mirrors, and viewfinder cleaned. Firmware version checked and updated if required. Check, test and clean equipment Required Parts 1H998-161 LENS CONTACT FPC UNIT 10.06 1 10.06 1H998-164 F-F0 PCB UNIT 12.60 1 12.60 1F999-115 << TOGO PCB UNIT 166.22 1 166.22 Labour Labour billable 59.63 1.00 59.63 Freight cost 5.06 Items total 248.51 Tax amount 50.71 Estimate total 304.28

It's probably a stupid question but with the service fee and shipping back on the decline being around £65 is it best to just recycle it for free? Go ahead with the fix? or get the camera back and sell it for spare parts, I really don't know what to do I expected it to cost under £100, a new body is costing around £350 I think, is this camera even worth getting back?

Thanks,

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Nikon D7000 to Fix or scrap
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Nikon D7000 to Fix or scrap
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
That's how I decide too.
Jan 27, 2016 5:16PM PST

In fact rather than repair a t3i I caught a sale on a t5i. The t3i will go to my son for spare parts.

- Collapse -
Answer
Nikon D7000
Jan 27, 2016 6:53PM PST

It would be cheaper to scrap and buy a new one.

- Collapse -
Answer
Go for a Fix
Feb 9, 2016 10:29PM PST

You should go for a fix for your camera s if there is the problem that you are telling, then this price is worth it.... If you can look for a local repair shop, he can help you in half of the specified amount.

- Collapse -
Answer
What should you do
Feb 10, 2016 6:42AM PST

I just recommend you to replace this camera I just mean sale it or return it and then order for a new camera, you can recycle it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info