Cameras forum

Question

Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens

Just got this camera for Christmas and just now trying it out. On Auto to start (point and shoot) The picture looks fine to the eye, but when I use the + to zoom in on the picture to see the details it's blurry. The only time it's not blurry when I enlarge is when I shoot really close to a object flower etc. Same goes when I use my other 55-300mm lens andI do hold the button half way to focus.

I have used a Kodak Z612 for a few years and loved it.
I could zoom in and crop a picture without any problems if the picture was good it was also sharp when I cropped it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Where is this + button?

In reply to: Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens

If on the camera, I switch to manual focus. If on some computer I try not not go past 2 to 1 zoom. Otherwise I'm just going to see the pixels.
Bob

Collapse -
Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens

In reply to: Where is this + button?

Bob, It's on the camera after you take the picture and want to view and enlarge it to see it very close up.
Can I switch to manual on the camera and still have the dial turn on "Auto"?

Thanks for working with me Happy
Lue

Collapse -
I read some great advice below.

I carry a mini-tripod and on the road a mono-pod. To get the best shots we do have to do a little work so first my answer is no to the question. If it's on Manual, it's on that and if you want Auto you try that. Sorry if that's unclear but a steady camera and manual focus tends to be best.

In parting, I've yet to see any photoshop add sharpness worth a dime.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds to me like camera shake.

Should be easy to test: take a pic handheld, then take a pic using the self-timer with the camera on something stabe. (A tripod would be ideal, but a table should suffice.) If the first pic is blurry and second pic isn't, then it's camera shake.

If it is camera shake, you could use a faster shutter speed and/or use image stabilization and/or use a tripod/monopod and/or use better haldheld technique.

Mark

Collapse -
Nikon D3200/18-55mm Lens

In reply to: Sounds to me like camera shake.

Thanks Mark...Maybe this camera isn't for me if I have to worry about camera shake all the time. The picture
look clear for distant, it's when I want to crop which I find I do a lot of 5x7's 4x6's. The picture is not sharp I been reading up on the Nikon D3200 seems it takes pictures a little on the soft side have to take it to
Photoshop or any other program to add sharpness or set the camera for sharper image don't think you should have to do that for the price you paid. I rather go to a high end point and shoot camera which is more versatile for up close and distant pictures and is great for cropping.

Thanks so much for your reply Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!