Question

nice hardcore rig

hello everyone
i want to build a hardcore gaming rig so that i can throw anything at it and it runs flawlessly. the problem that im facing is that i have a tendency of going overboard on things and i think i might be doing that now. currently the only thing i have is my case which is a nzxt zero 2 (full tower). im thinking of using the 990x chip and an asus rampage mobo. perhaps 12gb of ram (not sure what kind), two 580gtx cards, and two 2gb 7200 wd hd's. i thought of using an ssd but i have no idea what kind to get. as for the mobos its a toss between the rampage III black edition and the rampage III formula. my cooling method will be to put four 120 fans on the side of the case where they have the openings for them and then two 80 fans on the top and bottom, the case already has two 120's on the back and one of the front. once i build this rig i really dont want to have to worry about upgrading it for a long time.
thanx for all the help in advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: nice hardcore rig
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: nice hardcore rig
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I've yet to see flawless.
- Collapse -
dual cards

i heard that it was better to have dual cards because it helps to balance the work between the two and give you better performance? i dont know if thats true or not im just trying to understand it a bit better

- Collapse -
Dual cards versus dual card.

Look again and some cards have essentially 2 GPUs. And it's a fact that a GPU actually has many "cores."

This is why I no longer fret about this much and use the best video card for the money and have since then, been better off without all the frustration.
Bob

CNET Forums