General discussion

nic card not detected

hi well lets see here windows is being a ***** again, i know this card works( installed gentoo with it ) but know im using xp on this computer and it thinks its a microcrap loopback adapter though its a 3com etherlink 3 on ISA anyways i have cable and a wifi router and for some reason the ip wont renew any thoughts?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: nic card not detected
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: nic card not detected
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
May be a workaround for unsupported....
- Collapse -
2 strikes?

ISA and Windows (or rather Microsoft) does NOT provide drivers most of the time. ISA is pretty much dead, but over at http://www.wown.com was a note on how to make ISA network cards work.

Again... Microsoft will NOT do this for us.

And I don't duplicate web content,
Bob

- Collapse -
well its not working :(

I click i have the disk and select the inf file and still nothing Sad

- Collapse -
If you followed the directions....
- Collapse -
It won't either until...

You help it along. Unlike the more polished OS you have to help it along by telling it the IRQ and such.

The wown.com site about how to help Windows use the old ISA NIC is very important.

Again I write, Microsoft didn't make it "just work."

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info