The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Next interview: BLIZZARD

by MacHugger / February 8, 2006 7:03 AM PST

Tom, Molly, Veronica...

I'd love for you guys to interview the head of Blizzard. I have a ton of questions I'd like to ask.

1) With 5.5 million users, how many still play? Even if it's only 1/4, that's a lot of money every month not to mention the fee for the boxed product.

2) Do they have ethical concerns about how much of peoples' lives this game takes up? News stories of baby's left unattended, people dying from lack of sleep and food, etc.

3) Will they be embracing technology such as holophonic sound in the game and 3D visors for a truly immersive experience?

4) What percentage of their user base is Macintosh? They always seem very good about programming equality for Mac users.

5) What are the logistics of keeping that world running? How many machines, what kind of database, what kind of computing power, how much storage, etc.

6) Do they have the ability to evolve the game into something else over the years as the installed base gets bored with grinding/leveling/dungeons? For example, this game called "Seed" sounds intriguing. I'd love to see elements of that concept folded into WoW. Imagine building a town from scratch. Each player might buy a plot of land and start a business or community: maybe like a mini Ironforge where others could come to buy goods and services or hire you for quests.

Anyhow, it would be great to hear how successful this model has been for them and to find out a little about where it might be headed.

-Kevin S.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Next interview: BLIZZARD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Next interview: BLIZZARD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?