HolidayBuyer's Guide

Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Next Gen TV

by julian925 / June 3, 2006 6:05 PM PDT

Im having a lot of trouble picking out a TV.
I dont watch that much TV, so it will be mostly for PS3 with moderate TV watching and being able to hook it up to my macbook would be a plus, but not a must have.
So i need a TV that would be good for games, Im thinking my ideal size is 42" and hopefully with 1080p and price rang around 2,000ish.
Ive been looking at the Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK, which i could get for around 2,000. Someone was telling me that it didnt have 1080p though? Has anyone seen this TV and know if its good, i know cnet loves it. And someone on another thread said Plasma isnt good for gaming?

I was also looking at Sceptre X42GV-Naga. But i cant find any review about that anywheres. Maybe someone here knows about it, cause it seem to good to be good.

Help would rock.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Next Gen TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Next Gen TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Plasma
by chan680$ / June 5, 2006 7:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Next Gen TV

I cant give an exact recommendation (Im way out of your price range) but i do know that gaming on Plasma Tvs will eventually create a burn in or spot where the pixels go dead.

Collapse -
Are you sure?
by jelgert / June 5, 2006 8:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Plasma

From what I've heard LCD screens go bad pixel by pixel where a plasma is more reliable and goes dead all at once if at all anyways as for your question check the cnet review of the tv if you can and the user reviews to see what they think.

Collapse -
Well
by julian925 / June 5, 2006 12:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Are you sure?

Ive decided dont need 1080p and ill jsut be wasting money getting it.
So im just looking at a good quality 42" HDTV

Collapse -
1080p
by chan680$ / June 7, 2006 5:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Well

If your not going to get a 108p capable TV, you should realize you wont be able to display blue-ray movies at its highest quality.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.