Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Newly published site cannot be seen on the Internet

by deanajovanfleet / November 6, 2003 12:35 PM PST

Can anyone help me? I have recently changed servers and chose a Linux platform over a Windows one due to its reliability (so I am told). I just published a new website to the server... http://www.drewcoopermx.com and
only 1/2 of people looking at it are able to bring it up on their computer. What could possibly be the reason for this? We've tried different computers in different locations and different cities... and only half the people see the website... the others get a message saying the page cannot be found...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Newly published site cannot be seen on the Internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Newly published site cannot be seen on the Internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I get it no probs
by ghostcat / November 20, 2003 10:09 PM PST

Hi, I get your site ok, in explorer and netscape, by the way I am in Sunderland, England uk, sorry I can't help you more.

Collapse -
You love it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2003 10:31 PM PST

When you find out the people who can't get there installed some Internet Accelerator and they have this problem with other sites too. But they don't tell you this. Instead you become their PC tech support.

In short, I'm giving you the clue to ask if they have any other sites they can't get to. You sometimes have to be sly about this since a few were looking a free tech support on their machine.

Many of the PARASITES like Cool-Web and more hijack pages or block access as a side effect.

Go to that machine that doesn't work to see why. This is how you'll find your issue.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: You love it.
by jtwolverine8 / June 14, 2004 10:15 PM PDT
In reply to: You love it.

Maybe it is some problem with their internet or browers. tried it with Netscape, Mozilla and IE and it shows up fine. I am viewing from a PC in Singapore by the way. Like what R. Proffitt , check their com for problems.

Collapse -
Re: Newly published site cannot be seen on the Internet
by tarunkrsna / June 17, 2004 5:47 PM PDT

Hi. Had a look at your source code ... without spending too much time, since you don't appear to have any weird scripts or anything, everything looks fine. Just wanted to say that it's a great looking site_very innovative; love the graphics. Got no idea why your site doesn't show. Possibly a good idea to install quite a few different browsers on your own pc to see how it looks on different peoples' machines. Personally, I'd contact my webhost for tech assistance in this situation.
Jaya
tarun

Collapse -
Re: Newly published site cannot be seen on the Internet
by lildude / July 2, 2004 7:48 AM PDT

I guess i know why... You have recently changed the server. You have also changed your DNS (Domain Name Server ) entries. It takes 12-48 hours or even more to prpogate these changes world wide. Dont worry .. everything will get okay in few days or hours. Let your DNS changes complete .. propogate world wide...

Regards,

Frank

http://www.linux-web-host.com/

Collapse -
Newly published site cannot be seen on google
by asankags / October 25, 2009 9:04 AM PDT

Usually when I start a new website, within about a week, it shows up on Google. I have this new website its been up there for 2 weeks and its not found on Google at all. I have added sitemaps etc, nothing still, not even if i type the domain straight. what are the other options?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

VIDEO

Do you have Google Home?

If you don't like the stock appearance of Google Home, here are two quick and easy ways to make it truly yours.