General discussion

Newest download+install of a real major software upgrade.

Microsoft's Live Essentials 2011 has been downloaded and installed this morning on my own PC.

A whopping ~160Mb of an upgrade. Did it in very little time.

Did anyone received this? Or, am I one of the mere 240 million users of Windows 7 to use this humongous, free, MS program?

Any problems occurring after this hefty installation?

Well, in my case, none what-so-ever, so far.

Good day everybody.
Wink

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Newest download+install of a real major software upgrade.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Newest download+install of a real major software upgrade.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
For Microsoft updates, it's on the smaller size.

If you research some of the other downloads you find it can approach one half to nearly ONE GIGABYTE.

If you research what happened with the BING group absorbing the LIVE group I'd keep an eye for news about possible discontent, discontinuation of LIVE apps and plan for their eventual demise.
Bob

- Collapse -
Yep, Microsoft Said It Was An "Important" Update... But Why?

Why install it? We have no reason to use any of the tools listed in the Live Essentials bundle, except for one or two, such as Silverlight here.. Our corporate machines have no need for the other stuff.. When I saw the update available, I hid the update so it would no longer asks for download.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Others Had Questions About WHY?

CNET Forums

Forum Info