Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Newbies.....Welcome To The New Forum !!!!

by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 12:29 AM PDT

Just saying Hi

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Newbies.....Welcome To The New Forum !!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Newbies.....Welcome To The New Forum !!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Newbies.....Welcome To The New Forum !!!!
by Ann Bailey / October 22, 2003 12:48 AM PDT

It took me a while to get registered and figure out how to get around the new setup, but I'm finally here. Quite a different look, but I can live with it lol.

Collapse -
(NT) Welcome Ann !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 1:50 AM PDT

Collapse -
The OLD SHIP made ..............0
by Capt Bones / October 22, 2003 1:07 AM PDT

it accross the stormy waters. Bones

Collapse -
(NT) Glad To See Ya Here, 'Bones'
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 1:50 AM PDT

Collapse -
by Susan B. / October 22, 2003 4:33 AM PDT

Hi Grif,
Nice to see you and Hello! Didn't get a chance to thank you on old forum for help with frustrating problem. Hope I am able to retrieve this here. Cheers, Susan Bilsky

Collapse -
Susan, Glad To See You Made It
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 5:07 AM PDT

I forget exactly where we were on your problem, so start it as a new thread and we'll have a 'go' at it again.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
by dcmorris / October 22, 2003 6:45 AM PDT

And Hi to you Grif. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but this old dog managed to get here.
I am looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces here.

DC

Collapse -
(NT) DC, Glad To See You Also !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 6:52 AM PDT

Collapse -
Re:(NT) DC, Glad To See You Also !
by Gravitate / October 22, 2003 8:18 AM PDT

I am also glad to be here, thank you all for your conserted efforts!!!
I know everything today;
but tomorrow I'll know more!!!!!!!
Best to all,
Maria

Collapse -
Maria, Welcome To You Too !!
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 11:57 AM PDT

I'm glad you found your way to our new home.

We'll be talking later, so....

Take care and hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
by Libby2 / October 22, 2003 11:18 AM PDT

Hello back! Sheese, it sure wasn't easy getting here. Had all kinds of registration problems but I finally made it. Had to change my name from ZD Net forums (I was lib san there) to Libby2 for here.

Libby

Collapse -
Lib, Glad You Could Make It !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 11:56 AM PDT

And hopefully you know that it doesn't matter what your name is, it's great to have you here.

Take care and as always....

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
"Welcome to Newbies"
by dorothyblu2 / April 30, 2007 7:17 AM PDT

Aww,thank you so much.I'm kinda "old"but I'm still a "newbie",only been using a computer for a few years;but,I cannot fix them,and really take the software apart,and fix it.Just a "user",is all,not a Nerd.This is a site full of pretty nice people,intelligent,pretty nice of you all to be so helpful and friendly,I'm 59,so we "boomers"are coming to computers late in life.

Wonderful,though,aren't they?Einstein would defintely approve.(so would my dad,who was in electronics.)Like I tell my young computer repairman,sometimes,you younger people have a great,interesting world in the new computers;fantastic!!!

Collapse -
Dorothyblu, How Did You Find This Thread?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 30, 2007 8:26 AM PDT
In reply to: "Welcome to Newbies"

Are you aware that this thread is 3 1/2 YEARS old... Look at the dates on the posts... The thread was created shortly after we changed forum software..

We're always happy to have new newbies but you really had to do some digging in the old stuff to find this one.

Welcome.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.