Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

NEWBIE WITH A QUESTION

I paid for a pdf conversion thing a couple of weeks ago, I am not able to get into it or figure how to install it properly, iI have instructions, but they do not work for me, PLEASE PLEASE HELP
SHARRON

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEWBIE WITH A QUESTION
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEWBIE WITH A QUESTION
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Two options

In reply to: NEWBIE WITH A QUESTION

Two options are open to you.

1: Email the company who makes the program for help. You paid for their product, so that should entitle you to some support for these types of situations.

2: Get a refund and use one of the many free PDF creation programs.

Collapse -
option 2

In reply to: Two options

could you please help me to get the refund or tell me how. I am really computer illiterate, lol
Thank You So So Much
Sharron

Collapse -
Contact the company you purchased it from...

In reply to: option 2

Cnet doesn't actually sell such software...download.com, cnet.com, etc. offer the trials for download but link you to the actual software developer's marketplace to purchase the programs. Thus, you'll have to look at your e-mail/receipt/credit card statement to determine who you purchased it from and deal directly with their customer service department.

Regards,
John

P.S. Insulting comments posted to this thread have been deleted.

Collapse -
NEWBIE WITH A QUESTION

In reply to: Two options

I find it amusing to see you have removed your insulting remarks from the threads, I will tell you I have copied and intend to forwarded your nasty e-mail as far as the internet reaches, WORLDWIDE. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU'LL THINK TWICE BEFORE TALKING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS IN SUCH A WAY.
SHARRON

Collapse -
I'm the one who deleted the comments...

Jimmy Greystone is the one who made the comments, but I am the one who deleted them due to their insulting/condescending nature.

Secondly, as Jimmy Greystone stated in one of his deleted posts, he does not work for Cnet, and thus he was speaking to you as another random individual. He is not a representative of Cnet, and you're not a customer of his.

Finally, while such statements may be made from time to time, it's best to ignore such comments. It is by dwelling on them that you prolong your feelings of anguish and fulfill the original poster's wishes.

Regards,
John Wilkinson
Forum Moderator

Collapse -
You should be aware that Jimmy Greystone ...

has no more authority on these forums than you yourself do. He is just another user (like a neighbor who is full of himself who you can "listen to" or avoid). He certainly does not represent the majority of forum users.

Although it has been pointed out that you could contact the publisher of the program you mentioned it is also probable that one of us here could help you to get it installed and functional if you would tell us the NAME of the program as well as the Operating System you are using.

Collapse -
FOR EDWARD

In reply to: You should be aware that Jimmy Greystone ...

Hi Edward,
OK Here is what I have found out.....The company was MP CONTACT . COM
I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND THEY HAVE PROMISED TO RETURN MY MONEY. I AM USUNG WINDOWS XP ,,,I DID DOWNLOAD A COUPLE OF YOUR FREE PDF THINGS, BUT COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO RUM THEM ITHER. COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE
KINDEST REGARDS
SHARRON

Collapse -
You need to name the applications...

In reply to: FOR EDWARD

Since the refund has been requested it's onward to find another application. However, in order to provide assistance in using any of those you have downloaded you must share the names of those applications. Or, if you would like suggestions as to free alternatives, you'll need to tell us exactly what types of "PDF conversion" you want. Specifically, do you simply want to convert an existing file to a PDF, typically done with freeware such as PrimoPDF, or convert a PDF into another document format, such as that of Microsoft Word, which is functionality that you must pay for? Does it need to convert multiple files at one time (batch conversion), or is one-at-a-time acceptable? Let us know exactly what you're looking for and we'll do our best to assist.

John

Collapse -
Hi Sharon

What are the problems you are having with these programs, maybe I can help?

It's quite hard to understand what you're saying if you keep using caps, any chance you can write like this?

It's just easy to complete the troubleshooting in my head.

Thanks,

Mad.

Collapse -
You need to give us the NAME and publisher of the ...

programs you are trying to use and it helps to tell us what you are trying to accomplish as John mentions.

Although I have long had Adobe Acrobat for PDF creation I also have and use a program called Win2PDF by Dane Prarie Systems (the Standard edition usually has everything casual users need)-
http://www.daneprairie.com/products/win2pdf.htm

It is actually a printer driver so you can use it to create a PDF file from any application you can print from just by selecting it as your printer. I find it handy (more so than Acrobat's PDFWriter print driver) for printing things like invoices and receipts for online purchases or for creating PFD tutorials from other applications. It has a very handy support link which details installation and use - http://www.daneprairie.com/support/support.htm

It can be used non-comercially for free but the free version does add a page to the file as advertisement. The paid version removes that added page and is only $35.00 for the single user Standard Edition of Win2PDF (this is what I use).

Collapse -
Just so you know.

I alerted this discussion to our moderators and it was not who you thought it was that removed the posts. If you feel insulted in the future just hit the report offensive post link and if it's over the line the moderators can deal with it. Members can't remove the posts but they can report it for moderators and one other person to deal with it.
Hope this helps you understand this removal.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.