Hello to all, I want to use my XP (sp2) powered netbook to provide a sat nav system. i've spent two days trying to find a solution and i'm now more confused than before i started! hopefully there are enough people on here who can help me find a solution!
as far as i'm aware this can be achieved by with a product designed for the pc platform and the other option is to run an emulator and then use any one of the products designed to work on poocket PC platforms.
the reason i'm looking at alternatives to the most obvious is that some of the features which are standard on the all in one units seem to be missing from the limited number of pc packages which are available. All advice gratefully recieved!
I think the easiest way forward is for me to list (in order of importance) the features I would like.
1. Nice (easy to use) and clear user interface
2. Visual and audible turn by turn navigation
3. Live traffic information
4. Local speed limit at current location
5. Europe coverage
6. Full UK postcode (not partial)
7. Smooth map scrolling whilst driving
8. Live speed camera updates (inc mobile units if possible)
9. Lane assistance, to ensure I?m in the correct lane when approaching a junction
10. Link in to a suppliers website (for local fuel prices, weather, hotels etc info (net book is 3G enabled).
Cameras that make great holiday gifts
Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.