Speakeasy forum

General discussion

new year's day

by WOODS-HICK / December 31, 2006 4:16 PM PST

good morning everyone, enjoy the new dawn

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: new year's day
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: new year's day
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Happy Nedw Years W
by grimgraphix / December 31, 2006 5:32 PM PST
In reply to: new year's day
Collapse -
(NT) also Happy New Years as well!
by grimgraphix / December 31, 2006 5:33 PM PST
In reply to: Happy Nedw Years W
Collapse -
(NT) Danke sch
by WOODS-HICK / December 31, 2006 10:22 PM PST
Collapse -
So it is. :-)
by Angeline Booher / December 31, 2006 8:28 PM PST

I made it until about 9:00 PM last night before falling to sleep. I was trying to watch 2 ball games.

But bright and early this morning I watched some of the celebrations on the news.

Now to remember to write "2007". Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
we watched: 'garrison keillor's
by WOODS-HICK / December 31, 2006 10:48 PM PST
In reply to: So it is. :-)

new year's eve special' w/GK and his "guy's all-star shoe band" at grand old opry on pbs. recommend it.

we flipped to the ball drop in times square, counted down, hugs & kisses, sparkling cider toast and quickly back to nashville.

when I watch the 1m+ crowd, I am so glad I am anywhere but there. even when I was young, before modern day 'concerns', the thought of standing sober(all I do now) for hours was unappealing to put it mildly. now I wonder "where do they go to the bathroom?". ah youth, why is it reserved for the young? I think I will count my blessings instead of questioning existence. it is a day to be content.

nyc sanitation crews earn their holiday pay. yuk!

Collapse -
Politics and religion......
by Josh K / December 31, 2006 10:38 PM PST

.....will not be discussed in this post.

Ha ha, made you look!!

Happy New Year and Happy New SE!

Happy

Collapse -
you have been reported to the
by WOODS-HICK / December 31, 2006 10:55 PM PST

proper authority. their reply and mine: have a HNY.

remember you have been INSTRUCTED!!!
<g>

Collapse -
Don't tell me, tell Edward
by Josh K / December 31, 2006 11:54 PM PST

He's spamming the board with politically-oriented posts as we speak. Maybe his calendar has broken.

Collapse -
dont worry soon he won't remember
by WOODS-HICK / January 1, 2007 12:11 AM PST

what he is posting. maybe he overlooked cnet's new policy statement. be kind to him.

anyway josh, put on your specs(or increase the text size) that is my morning ritual. that option was a nice feature in the opera browser, I use fx2.0 most times.

go back and notice the: <g> means 'grin' I use that instead of the smiley things. LOL and LOLAK when I was growing up meant 'lots of love' and 'lots of love and kisses'. don't use those either. I do grin when I see them used by others but in a loving way.

Collapse -
Thx, enjoying the annual Calif Rose
by John Robie / January 1, 2007 12:10 AM PST

parade on ABC. It is 10:10AM CST here.

Collapse -
thx back, I just joined you in pasadena
by WOODS-HICK / January 1, 2007 12:18 AM PST

( gotta love the modern world ) no sunshine here today. mild and drizzly instead. I miss the snow and cold (50 degrees here in the hills) but I am not sure I mean it. rain on my snow shovel ain't so bad.

Collapse -
humorous thought
by James Denison / January 1, 2007 4:56 AM PST

We were watching the parade and one Mexican school came on, children all
in white, and playing/singing "La Bamba". I was laughing at the obvious
choice of the best known Latino song by all us Gringos here in the US and
them choosing to play that one. I was wondering how many of them were visiting
or being visited by family on this side of the border too. I think the announcer
said the band numbered over a hundred.

Collapse -
Anyone watch **** Clark?
by James Denison / January 1, 2007 5:00 AM PST
In reply to: humorous thought

For a moment I wondered if he was drunk, but then recalled he'd had a stroke
some months back. For a stroke victim he seemed very aware of what was going on,
did good commentary, and the only obvious effect was the slurred speech. I think
that was his son doing the show with him. We stayed on that channel and I
think the young man said something about helping his dad, refering to ****.

Collapse -
yep, for the ball drop
by WOODS-HICK / January 1, 2007 5:15 AM PST

I think his wife was with him. do not know about the son. we had the sound off much of the time.

he appeared in better health than last year, after his long recovery. I agree he seemed very 'with it' and his speech was improved since last year too.

my grandmother, died in '63 at 78yrs old, loved **** clark. I would come home from school and she would be watching american bandstand, tapping her toes and staring at him like a lovestruck bobby-soxer.

one of his monikers was 'world's oldest teenager' I think, the ball drop with clark is still our tradition

Collapse -
Didn't see **** Clark
by John Robie / January 1, 2007 5:48 AM PST

as was watching the mostly all night TV showing of high priced cars being auctioned in Scotsdale (Phoenix). I did turn to the channel showing the **** Clark Bandstand after (the NY) midnight ball lowering.
**** Clark was not 'on' announcing the bands. I turned to another channel after watching "RAP" performances/music twice in a row. Something I think is ridiculous with no talent, just any untalented guy/gal can mouth off if memorizing words put together in some sort of rhyme.

Collapse -
Not his son, James -- Ryan Seacrest of "American idol."
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / January 1, 2007 9:52 PM PST

Unless, of course, there's a relationship we don't know about! Wink

Happy New -- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
OK
by James Denison / January 1, 2007 11:08 PM PST

OK. I was still trying to figure out that comment the younger man had made,
it seemed he was addressing **** Clark as if he was his father. I wonder if
there's a transcript of that? Probably not, but now curious as why I thought that.
It was shortly before some older woman came on stage and gave him a kiss. Please don't
tell me that wasn't his wife either??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?