General discussion

New Wireless Set-up

Had a wireless set-up that was working poorly. Have obtained new equipment. Must I delete the old wireless network before installing the new stuff? How? Or is it necessary to delete the old network? Many thanks.

Jimdc

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New Wireless Set-up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New Wireless Set-up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: New Wireless Set-up

Just noting that my new wireless worked poorly too. I found the FIRMWARE was out of date on the new hardware.

A common issue it seems.

Bob

- Collapse -

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, I haven't tried installing my new router, etc. I was wondering if there is anything I should do about the old network before installing the new equipment. Any chance of conflict of some kind? Thanks.

Jim

- Collapse -

I'm making such changes all the time from 802.11b to 802.11g routers. All that ever happens in the firmware issue and people who forget what they entered in the old router.

Bob

- Collapse -

Thanks Bob. If that's all I have to worry about, I'll be O.K. Appreciate your assistance.

Jim

CNET Forums