General discussion

New Windows Live - assistance needed please

Hi Windows Live updated itself to version 2011 and some things changed that I need help with:

*It no longer seems to have an option to remember my username but not my password. Is there any way to do this?

*Clicking on Inbox no longer takes me into Hotmail but opens Windows Live Mail. I want it to go back to Hotmail if possible.

*My desktop shortcut disappeared. Where do I find the file (its default location) so that I can create a new shortcut for it?

*My Hotmail account reset information email address is no longer mine. I marked it as lost last month but it has not disappeared from my account. Is there any way to remove it?

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: New Windows Live - assistance needed please
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New Windows Live - assistance needed please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Windows Live 2011

1- Not sure but I know that feature has been removed
2- To fix this you can try to uninstall windows live mail so then it will give you a link to hotmail
3- To create a new desktop shortcut see this website and do follow the steps and use windows live messenger instead of the program they are using. here.
4- See this this

Hope this helps

- Collapse -
Windows Live - assistance needed please

Thanks, some issues remain unresolved:

(1) "Solved" - I presume there is no fix for this.

(2) Is there no way to tell Windows Live Mail to revert without uninstalling it? I don't want to tamper in case I mess up my system, so if there is no other way I better leave it.

(3) I know how to make a new shortcut but I do not know where to find the MSN application on my hard drive? It will be in wherever its default location is, but where is that?

(4) That's what I followed to mark my old Hotmail address as lost but it doesn't disappear and I need to get rid of it to set up new reset information.

- Collapse -
Windows Live - assistance needed please

(3) Solved, thank you.

Help still needed with (2) and (4) please...

CNET Forums

Forum Info