Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

New UN55C8000 crapped out!!!

by iflyaaord / August 11, 2010 5:27 PM PDT

I bought my UN55C8000 just under 2 weeks ago, As of yesterday mid-day everything was great with it until, the screen started displaying colored vertical lines(think psychedelic colors)with audio from whatever channel might be on. When I try to use the remote I cannot even see any of the menu screens. I have the TV hooked up to a Comcast Motorola HD DVR using Rocketfish Ultra High Speed HDMI cables.

I called Tech Support and the woman recommended that I fill out an online service request form after she couldn't determine the problem.

I'm gonna return it to Best Buy for a brand new one, but I think that this should not be happening with this new and expensive of a TV!

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have caused this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New UN55C8000 crapped out!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New UN55C8000 crapped out!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New UN55C8000 crapped out!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 12, 2010 12:22 PM PDT

iflyaaord,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

It could have been an issue with how it's shipped all the way to a voltage spike in the electrical supply. The variables to determine what would have gone wrong in any one instance would be almost impossible to determine without being able to open up the unit and inspect it.

Usually the guys at your retailer are pretty good about helping out. If you end up requiring service, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. Again, I'm sorry this happened to you out of the gate, so to speak.

--HDTech

Collapse -
un55c8000 junk
by pnhtc / September 6, 2012 12:50 PM PDT

I am so unhappy with Samsung. I bought this TV in early 2011 2 m-3 months after I bought it it had red spider lines on the right half called best buy they said just turn the TV off and it will go away. so I did and it worked I had to do this once every two months for 14 months no big deal until it would not go away. Called Samsung and got a run around bunch of crap. Then they had me download a new firmware and now the tv has a weak or no signal ten minutes after I turn the TV on.... so what does Samsung say "you will have to pay for service" I paid 3800. for a piece of junk.... DO not buy Samsung they are cheats and they know they have a problem

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!