HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New Tiger Woods ad...

by EdHannigan / April 8, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Tiger Woods ad...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Tiger Woods ad...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: how does this ad sell shoes or clothing?
by JP Bill / April 8, 2010 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: New Tiger Woods ad...

It doesn't (yet)...It's the first step in "selling" Tiger Woods?

Collapse -
That isn't the main reason for the ad.
by Angeline Booher / April 8, 2010 3:12 AM PDT

Nike did not drop him like other sponsors did.

This seems to be giving him a public thrashing or tongue-lashing that says Nike does not condone Tiger's actions at all. They may have decided that his top mentor was the logical choice to deliver the message.

I have believed all along this was a private matter between him and his wife,. I do resent that the women he committed adultery with are becoming celebrities and making money. None have claimed he forced them. They are what I would call "camp followers" or "groupies".

I hope he wins the Masters.

Angeline

Collapse -
Maybe....
by EdHannigan / April 8, 2010 3:28 AM PDT

I don't know. They dropped a wad of money to say THAT? And with his approval?

Collapse -
I vote it was with his approval
by Angeline Booher / April 8, 2010 3:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Maybe....

He is in no position to not do so.

A big sponsor has given him another chance.

Angeline

Collapse -
I don't put
by Angeline Booher / April 8, 2010 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Like I said

..... the Vick case on the same level as the Woods one.

Vick enjoyed the bloodspot of watching animals tear each other up til death, and muust have heard the screams. he must have known how strays were used as bait in training, some of which could have been lot pets.

Woods enjoyed the sexual pleasures of very willing women.

Angeline

Collapse -
I agree......2 willing participants.
by JP Bill / April 8, 2010 7:25 AM PDT
In reply to: I don't put

Tigers wife wasn't though.....but that's their business...not mine.

Collapse -
"Tongue lashing" LOL
by Josh K / April 9, 2010 1:16 AM PDT

Probably not the best choice of words in this case. Grin

Maybe Nike's next ad will be a photo of Tiger with the slogan, "Nikes. Get some."

Wink

Collapse -
It's creepy, tacky and revolting.
by Paul C / April 8, 2010 7:44 PM PDT

As Nike tries whatever it can to put this mess behind it and its most prominent endorser, it managed to forget something; namely that Earl Woods apparently had fidelity issues in both his marriages.

I could care less how well he plays the game of golf; what matters to me is he now seeks a free pass to go on as if nothing happened and seeks us to accept him again as some kind of role model. That is just sick.

The messy details of his life do not interest me at all, and whatever happens in his personal life from now on is just that - personal. But Tiger Woods doesn't need to be rubbing our noses in it by being back in competition so damned soon.

http://www.eagletribune.com/puopinion/local_story_099030439.html?keyword=topstory

Collapse -
I agree
by Steven Haninger / April 8, 2010 8:45 PM PDT

While I really don't care much what he does from now on or how successful he is as a golfer. I don't think his issue of infidelity was necessarily more important than how he sought to maintain that lifestyle and, when caught, buy his way out by paying off his mistresses. That's, IMO, a bigger rub. He has plenty of money to hire the best image re-builders such as corporations do when they lose public approval. Is he doing that now? I don't know but his past history suggests he's not above that.

I once knew a person who'd use a phrase similar to, "I'm going to tell you something but will deny that I ever said it." All this tells me is that they admit the ability to lie and cannot be trusted.

Collapse -
I am getting very tired of all the coverage...
by EdHannigan / April 8, 2010 8:47 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree

TV news is spending (wasting) waaaayy too much airtime on this. Can't get away from it.

Collapse -
RE: Can't get away from it.
by JP Bill / April 8, 2010 9:08 PM PDT

tell me more... Devil

Collapse -
I agree.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 8, 2010 9:40 PM PDT

I just wish the media would let up on this. It's boring.

Mark

Collapse -
They'll give it up as soon as
by Steven Haninger / April 8, 2010 9:46 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree.

something of more interest comes out of D.C. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) I'd like to know WHO finds it interesting.
by EdHannigan / April 8, 2010 10:29 PM PDT
Collapse -
Celebrity marketers. That's who.
by Steven Haninger / April 8, 2010 11:14 PM PDT

And since news media has adopted the tabloid mentality of piquing interest rather than reporting events, that "WHO" should be obvious.

Collapse -
(NT) People that keep posting about it?
by JP Bill / April 8, 2010 11:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
the media will let up on it
by James Denison / April 8, 2010 11:49 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree.

soon as Nike and Tiger let up on it. Just go play the game, ignore any questions from the press on personal matters. Move on from it and the press will move on from it.

Collapse -
(NT) He still gets a check, right?
by Willy / April 9, 2010 1:51 AM PDT
Collapse -
yes, the check is in the mail.
by James Denison / April 9, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
Devil
Collapse -
It's about the sheep....
by C1ay / April 10, 2010 2:02 AM PDT

...the blind followers that can't think for themselves...

Collapse -
If they agree with you
by JP Bill / April 10, 2010 3:52 AM PDT

they're thinking for themselves, and if they don't agree with you, they're a follower/sheep?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.