HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New Tape by Bin Laden. Admits to 9/11 Attacks.

by Rolway / October 29, 2004 10:28 AM PDT
CAIRO, Egypt -- Osama bin Laden, injecting himself into the campaign four days ahead of presidential elections, said in a videotape aired Friday that the United States can avoid another Sept. 11 attack if it stops threatening the security of Muslims.

In the segment broadcast, the al-Qaida leader refrained from directly threatening new attacks, although he said "there are still reasons to repeat what happened."

"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry, Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said, referring to the president and his Democratic opponent. "Any state that does not mess with our security, has naturally guaranteed its own security."

Admitting for the first time that he ordered the Sept. 11 attacks, bin Laden said he did so because of injustices against the Lebanese and Palestinians by Israel and the United States.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/3874528/detail.html

Sounds to me like hes afraid Bush will win the election. He attacks Bush further on in the story. Strange this comes out now, but they believe it to be authentic and made recently.

George
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Tape by Bin Laden. Admits to 9/11 Attacks.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Tape by Bin Laden. Admits to 9/11 Attacks.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bush better
by TONI H / October 29, 2004 10:39 AM PDT

watch the crew loading AirForce One real close right now since he's stumping all over every day. Peter Jennings tonight said that it wasn't determined yet whether the tape was made within the last couple of days or the last six months and more scrutiny is going on to see if there is some type of coded message in it.

TONI

Collapse -
It's hard for me to imagine.....
by lylesg / October 29, 2004 10:40 AM PDT

that this guy is still sucking air into his lungs with a twenty-five-mil. price tag on his head.

Amazing!

Collapse -
Re: It's hard for me to imagine.....
by netsky / October 29, 2004 12:23 PM PDT

"that this guy is still sucking air into his lungs with a twenty-five-mil. price tag on his head.

Amazing"

Not really. The PURITY of their extremist religion is a powerful recifier of individuals' greed.

This point alone should serve as a heads up of their deadly, permanent resolve to destroy us all.

discuss in greater depth, anyone? I've just said about all i -think i know- on this question. I am ears now. My ears do not bite back.

Collapse -
Re: It's hard for me to imagine.....
by lylesg / October 29, 2004 1:25 PM PDT

?Not really. The PURITY of their extremist religion is a powerful recifier of individuals' greed.?

Along with long term planning, too. They are not shooting from the hip and their damage control is well planned.

?This point alone should serve as a heads up of their deadly, permanent resolve to destroy us all.?

Their ?resolve to destroy? reaches back thousands of years and the gates to hell have now been opened. Some believe that the Iraqi war opened the gates, but I believe that on 9/11 the lock shanks were snipped.

War in their back yards may weaken their infrastructure, but ending their ?resolve to destroy us all? just ain?t in the stars. The terrorists are evil animals and should be destroyed, but at best we can only hope to keep them at bay

Collapse -
Thank God for Al-Jazeera!
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / October 29, 2004 11:12 AM PDT

If it wasn't for them, we would know very little about Osama bin Laden. So far I haven't heard of Al Qaeida sending any tapes to CNN or FOX...

Collapse -
Re: Thank God for Al-Jazeera!
by Roger NC / October 29, 2004 7:37 PM PDT

Yes, let's thank heavens for them.

For announcing all the blackmail threats of Al Quaeida regarding hostages.

For showing the beheadings to the world to intimidate in favor of Al Qaeida.

For supporting them at every opportunity.

What was that about harboring and supporting terrorists?

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Let me see now...
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / October 29, 2004 9:12 PM PDT

Are you saying that you think that our so called Intelligence would rather be without the information that bin Laden gives away to Al-Jazeera? Or are you saying that our so called Intelligence doesn't bother looking at those tapes in order to gather information on the whereabouts of bin Laden?

Collapse -
Re: Let me see now...
by Roger NC / October 30, 2004 12:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Let me see now...

I hope we do learn something, otherwise it's double tragic that the victims are tortured and murdered for political gain, shown for the vicious vicarious pleasure of others to encourage more outrageous atrocities against any human characteristic the perpetrators may have ever had and long ago lost.

The live action recruiting poster of new sadistic and barbarous murderers is shown to encourage new noisome savages to celebrate the savage desecration of humanity by such heathen monsters and embolden them to commit similar sacrilegious outrageous crimes against decency.

If we can?t gain something to help stop such degenerates from swaggering by showing such a nauseating display of depravity, the tragedy becomes a shame on the world and humanity. As long as they exist, they demean not only the non-terrorist Muslim, but also the entire race of humanity.

I rather not have the intelligence though if it would mean less death due to such Neanderthal behavior in a perverted form of a religion.

But since I'm fairly confident that this crowd of miscreant demonized character burned out de-evolved remants of humaity will contine attempts to destroy all they can't profane with compliance to their insanity, hopefully every braggart, every filmed murder, every ultimatum delivered, every taunt spoken, every thing they do will help to find and destroy them.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
some time ago i made a rankling prediction
by netsky / October 29, 2004 12:14 PM PDT

that the terrorists will hold off catastrophic attack on USA until after the Nov.2 election.

I predicted that if Bush wins, we will see a them act big-time between election day returns and inauguration day.

If Kerry wins, there will be a delay in this catastrophic attack until some date AFTER inauguration day.

The veiled hints of these new tapes (the two mentioned today) indicate (to me alone, very likely) that my sick prediction may well play out.

I hold no illusion that Gore in 2000 would've prevented the 9-11 plan. Nor do i hold that Kerry will induce a kinder, gentler terrorist network.

I do think that they want Kerry in because in him they see a reduction in the Cowboy style of current US diplomacy. But Kerry must and Kerry will continue our present -correct- support of Israel. And Kerry must and will draw us deeper into the Iraq morass because we cannot just cut and run.

Hence a President Kerry will see a devastating shutter-the-economy attack on his watch, just as surely as will a lame duck Bush.

The past three years have cemented and reformed the not-really-cowed AQ network. All their pieces are in place, lightly sleeping. Don't you all think?

I am not afraid. I am merely expecting the worst. If it does not come i shall never be so glad to be completey, assbackwards stupid head jerkwater incorrect about this rank and ranklying 'prediction'.

I work not from crystal ball but from my self-perception of self-evident human motives. The sub-humans are very clever and not sub human at all. They only ACT inhuman, inhumanely, with a full set of self-validated purest motives of hate, as evidenced by the "american terrorist" tape. They really mean business. But how to defeat them?

There is no way in the present way, i say.

Collapse -
Re: New Tape by Bin Laden. Admits to 9/11 Attacks.
by Bob / October 29, 2004 8:02 PM PDT

I cannot figure out the reason for the timing of the release of the tape unless the Democrats did it just to remind the Americans that the Bush-commanded troops never captured Bin Laden. He spent billions of dollars and lost over 1000 American lives doing "other things" but never did capture Bin Laden. I wonder if Bin Laden would have been captured if all of the resources spent in Iraq had been used in the pursuit and capture of him? We'll never know because it wasn't done. The person that ordered and masterminded the attack on America on 911 that killed thousands of people is still walking around free and sending us tapes to remind us of that fact. But we don't have to worry about Sadaam any more! But we don't have to worry about Sadaam anymore! But we don't have to worry about Sadaam anymore! For the lives and money spent accomplishing this I should get a more satisfied feeling out of it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.