Phones forum

General discussion

New T-Mobile phones

by DrShina / March 3, 2006 3:22 AM PST

Does anyone have any idea when t-mobile is finally gonna come out with some new cell phones. Theyve had the same ones on their website and in stores for ages now. Are the new ones that advanced that its taking so long or are they just taking a long time for some other reason. I'm switching to t-mobile in the middle of may and would like there to be some new phones out by then. I've also heard that new phones are due to come out in the first 3 months of this year so maybe march will be the winner. Can anyone confirm that they plan on having new ones out soon? Thanks for any info.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New T-Mobile phones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New T-Mobile phones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
T-Mobile
by dean0088 / March 3, 2006 8:09 PM PST
In reply to: New T-Mobile phones

I use T-Mobile service and had the same feeling about their selection of phones so I looked around for answers to why thier phones are so lame. Turns out that because they are a small carrier they don't get first shot at all the cool phones on the market. Verizon and Cingular get first shot and basically tell the cell phone manufacture that they will guarentee so many sales of their phones if they can get an exclusive on the phone. That's why you see Cingular and Verizon with all the cool phones. Makes sence.

However have you see the new MDA and SDA phones that were just released for T-Mobile. They are way to cool. The MDA is super cool it's both a phone and PDA.

Lastley I use the Blackberry with the T-Mobile service and gotta tell you, the service price is cheap but the service sucks. I'm debating on staying with them or finding a new carrier.

Hope that helps

Collapse -
T-moblie blackberry Service
by neo4662 / March 4, 2006 10:21 AM PST
In reply to: T-Mobile

Hey check out Alltel We are getting the new black berry at the end of this month and the service is the best in the industry.

e-mail me with any questions
david.harris.jr@alltel.com

Collapse -
neo4662...???
by wliang / March 5, 2006 6:47 AM PST

what if the city they are living in doesnt have alltel ?? did you ever think of that when you were spouting off ??

Collapse -
pebl not new enough?
by jbroshear / March 6, 2006 12:31 PM PST
In reply to: neo4662...???

spankin new phone with super bowl ad. it's about the newest thing going

Collapse -
PEBL
by Meat11 / March 7, 2006 6:55 AM PST
In reply to: pebl not new enough?

Yeah, and I hear the ads don't do it justice... you've got to hold it to appreciate how "new" it really feels.

Collapse -
pebl
by ChipJim / March 7, 2006 7:14 AM PST
In reply to: PEBL

That phone looks so sweet... anyone have a friend who's got it?

Collapse -
feel of a pebl
by tbenzinger / March 7, 2006 7:16 AM PST
In reply to: PEBL

I've heard that, too. Can't wait to get my hands on one...

Collapse -
Nextel phones getting better
by tbenzinger / March 7, 2006 6:58 AM PST
In reply to: T-Mobile

Also, don't overlook the recent Nextel-Sprint merge. I think that'll help make Nextel's phones much cooler... I hear that Sprint is working on some pretty sweet things with mobile TV, etc. Just give it a few months.

Bottom line: there's no way Nextel choices suffer because of this. They can only improve.

Collapse -
T-Mobile?
by neo4662 / March 4, 2006 10:19 AM PST

They haven't been bought yet?

Collapse -
new KOKO 5 By: T-Mobile
by hd5557 / March 5, 2006 3:41 AM PST

It has a screen and is made of pure plastic

Collapse -
why so anxious??
by wliang / March 5, 2006 6:45 AM PST

well the sidekick III is coming out.. the motorola pebl is new. the sda and mda are new. you cant expect them to come out with something new every day

Collapse -
new phones
by DrShina / March 5, 2006 7:50 AM PST
In reply to: why so anxious??

I dont want high tech phones like sidekicks and mda and blackberrys. I just want them to come out with a few new plip phones.

Collapse -
ok....
by wliang / March 5, 2006 11:58 AM PST
In reply to: new phones

"plip" phones....well i dont know what those are. i do know what flip phones are. motorola pebl u6 and a few new samsungs

Collapse -
Release schedules
by tbenzinger / March 7, 2006 7:11 AM PST

Cell phone companies, like other companies, schedule things on the fiscal calendar. You can usually expect new options roughly when Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4 begins.

Collapse -
so when?
by ChipJim / March 7, 2006 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: Release schedules

Okay, so when is that, benzinger? And are there always new products in each window? I don't think so.

Collapse -
Thay did
by oldtimer49 / May 13, 2006 11:26 PM PDT

They just came out with some cool looking phones. They have the pebl. It is coming in thre ur four different colors. They also have a new samsung phone.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!