Question

New smart TV, no sound through the apps.

Hey, i recently purchased a new Samsung smart led TV from Harvey Norman.

i have it up and running all fine but when i seem to press the smart tv button and then go into YouTube the background program (or show) is still playing and i can hear it through my surround sound, and when i go into youtube and play a video i can only here it coming out of the tv not the actual surround sound.

what do i do to fix this issue?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New smart TV, no sound through the apps.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New smart TV, no sound through the apps.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
No sound from apps through Samsung Sound Bar

I have noticed same problem with my new UN60ES8000 and the Samsung Model HW-E450 Sound Bar using Optical Connection. Appreciate any advice.

- Collapse -
A recent discussion about this

Appears to note the app authors must do something to support other than TV speakers.

Did you double post?

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: No Sound Through Apps

KirkRapp and Others,

Please try the following:

- Update TV's firmware
- Turn off Anynet+
- Perform a factory reset.

If one of these does fix your issue, for the sake of the other users here, please post which one worked. If these steps do not resolve the issue, please email me at qasupport@sea.samsung.com with attention to HD Tech and provide for me the following information:
TV Model number
Home theater model number
Connection method (Optical, Analog, or ARC)
TV Serial number
Smart Hub Version number
Exact Apps that are experiencing the issue and app versions

Regards,
HD Tech

CNET Forums