the problem is that many tv's will strip surround down to 2-ch. You can try and see, and go from there. gl.
btw, I might consider returning the Sony dvd, throwing $60 or so more into a Denon. This is my opinion. I told my bro to get a Denon, he got your same dvd. I don't get it. $60 more, and every movie you will ever see will look discernably better....
Here is what I have:
- Time Warner HD/DVR Box with HDMI
- Panasonic 50in Plasma TH-50PX75U (With 2 HDMI inputs)
- Sony upconvert DVD Player DVP-NS77 (With HDMI)
- Pioneer Receiver VSXD814 (no HDMI)
- 2 Front Speakers Only
I'm planning on hooking up this way:
- HD/DVR box to Plasma via HDMI
- DVD to Plasma via HDMI
That should cover all my video needs.
But regarding audio, do I just run one digital optical cable out of my Plasma to my Receiver.
Or do I need to run a digital optical cable out of my DVD and HD/DVR into my receiver?
I was hoping that I could just run it out of the Plasma into the receiver - then I wouldn't have to change audio source.