Samsung forum

General discussion

New S/W update for BD-P 1500!

by palavering / December 3, 2008 11:06 AM PST

I turned on my BD-P 1500 and it displayed a dialogue box that notified me that there was a software update. It took about forty minutes for the update to download and install itself. So far, I haven't noticed anything new or different. Can the Samsung moderator give me and others a clue?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New S/W update for BD-P 1500!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New S/W update for BD-P 1500!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by lukster5 / December 3, 2008 6:49 PM PST

the upgrade worked, you will not be able to see the difference, with the naked eye

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2008 4:41 PM PST

When the unit "finished" and restarted, were you prompted to enter (1) for English and (2) for Spanish?

That's usually the tell-tale sign that the new firmware installed properly. If not, all is still well. You can download the firmware update to a CD and reinstall the firmware, and if you'd like, I can provide a link for that if you want to check "just in case".

Lukster is right. You won't be able to notice a significant difference in the operation, although in some cases, Blu-Rays that might not have been able to play will play, or the load time is quicker.

Keep me posted!

Collapse -
All Is Well
by palavering / December 5, 2008 12:18 AM PST
In reply to: Reset?

Thank you for your concern. But I haven't any problems. The update (although it took approximately 40 minutes to go from stage one to stage four) did install, and I was asked to press 1 for English. I love the player and it is working well.
As an aside, I hope Samsung will consider Netflix for the BD-P 1500. They'd have even more happy customers.
Thank you, again, for your support.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2008 6:43 AM PST
In reply to: All Is Well

Happy to help.

At this point, unfortunately, I don't believe that there will be Netflix support for the BD-P1500. I believe in being upfront about that. That said, I do hope I'm wrong and that we're all pleasantly surprised, but I've not heard plans for that at this point.

Thanks for your kind words!

Collapse -
by samsungpain / July 5, 2010 8:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Good!

Noticed all your assistance thought i'd ask about my problems with my BD-P1500.

This is all because of the Avatar bluray - it played perfectly 2 then it just wouldn't load again. I took it back to it's point of purchase and replaced it. The replacement worked once then no more. Replaced THAT one and again it worked the 1st time. My player isn't connected to the internet so i was able to locate a Samsung Service Provider who were happy to loan me their firmware upgrade cd. Again, the 1st time after the upgrade Avatar played successfully once and more.

What do you think i can do to rectify this problem?

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?