TVs & Home Theaters forum

Alert

NEW POST LG 50PJ350 Annoying POPUP AV2"New external device

RE-POST WITH COMPLETE MODEL #50PJ350
Annoying POP-UP

LG 50PJ350 Annoying POP-UP AV2 "New external device connected. Do you want to ENJOY this? YES - NO "

There are no devices connected. Have not experienced issues in 4 years since it's purchase.

It remains persistent and will not stop blinking in sporadically no matter what has been attempted to resolve this kind of issue.

I think maybe the remote infrared is possibly corrupted from other external means.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEW POST LG 50PJ350 Annoying POPUP AV2"New external device
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEW POST LG 50PJ350 Annoying POPUP AV2"New external device
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Any manual to show the menus? Didn't find one.

In reply to: NEW POST LG 50PJ350 Annoying POPUP AV2"New external device

Collapse -
UPDATE: AV2 ERROR FIXED.

In reply to: NEW POST LG 50PJ350 Annoying POPUP AV2"New external device

UPDATE:

Had owner manual and reviewed all online resources as well, but it was not sim-link either.

After a few tries, decided to "actually" plug a device (DVD Player) into the AV2 ports, turned it on for a minute, then disconnected it and it finally ceased and can once again use HDMI3 again without annoying pop-up.

Collapse -
I can see how that could fix it.

In reply to: UPDATE: AV2 ERROR FIXED.

I'm just someone that has written embedded code for years so I get how that could help. Thanks for sharing the solution. I'll remember it.

Collapse -
A Few other oddities...

In reply to: I can see how that could fix it.

Prior to this first issue with the LG 50PJ350, I just got a wireless charger which I plugged into my 'laptop' which is the only device I normally connect to the TV via HDMI port which is located just above the AV2 jack, only connections on the left side. Could the wireless charger have had some kind of virus that wormed it's way through HDMI to TV? Or could other external infrared interference be some other plausible cause via sim-link. Sim-link on or off made no difference. Also unplugged TV initially to see if that would fix it but nope.

There has never been any device plugged into the AV2 jack, only ever used AV1 because it is located 'behind' and not visible. These are my novice theories.

Also noted several similar LG queries but none had resolve

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!