Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

New Non-Reflective Samsung

by guns90 / January 21, 2008 11:33 PM PST

I plan on buying a new flat screen in the near future. I had decided on the Sony 46XBR4, but then I read CNET's coverage of the CES about Sony's new KDL-46W4100 model with the 120hz engine to be released in the spring, so I decided to wait and compare the two. I had considered Samsung's top of the line very good also, but just couldn't get past that shiney screen. I just found out something yesterday. I hadn't seen anything in here about it, so I thought some of you might find itinteresting, so here it is.

Samsung has a new model number LCD that has a non-reflective screen. Its their 69 series (ex. LN-T4069F, LN-T4669F). The funny thing is that it doesn't even show up on their web site yet. I saw it at Best Buy and, quite frankly, its very impressive. I thought it was ever bit as good as the Sony XBR.

Just FYI!.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Non-Reflective Samsung
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Non-Reflective Samsung
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would wait also...
by stuntman_mike / January 22, 2008 5:43 AM PST

to get the XBR4 if I were you. Not because I think that the W4100 will be better, but because the XBR4's price will more than likely drop. Even if the W4100 is better, my guess is that it will be only incrementally and not worth any extra cash, unless if it is a cheaper version.

As for the Samsung. I have never heard of the 69F. I wonder if it has the 120hz. Just going by the number it seems to be a step down from their 71F series so I am skeptical about it. Could be like the W3000 is to the XBR4.

Either way I would go with the XBR4 as it has been touted to have better blacks and more accurate colors than the 71F, and probably the 69F, whatever it is, also.

Collapse -
To my understanding...
by guns90 / January 22, 2008 6:00 AM PST
In reply to: I would wait also...

The XBR is Sony's flagship. The xxW4100 will be step down.

I'm possitive that Samsung's LN-T4669F is 120hz. Not only did it have those pretty little factory labels on it stating that it was, but I went into the controls and turned off the 120hz to view the resolution in that mode also.

Collapse -
Yes they have the 120Hz....but.....
by madmike75 / February 8, 2008 5:00 AM PST
In reply to: To my understanding...

I have the 4069F Samsung. I absolutely love it, and yes, the 69 series does have 120Hz. It is a little glitchy though. Basically you only turn it on during sports, and only on "Low" setting. This was also after a firmware update which they provide for free due to the dreaded, TBE. I would not trade the TV for any other I have seen. Great TV's.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!