HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New Nintendo Wii (what overpaid idiot came up with that name

by Ziks511 / November 19, 2006 8:47 AM PST

) has a fairly decent ad in Britain. Punchline "Go ahead: Have a Wii" which is English slang for having a pee(assuming that will get through).

English ads are a bit more broadminded in their content than are North American ones viz the Mini ad with an empty Mini and the 2 young women and 1 young man who eventually make their appearance one at a time as they un-recline their seats and re-adjust their clothing (two in the front one in the rear), Saying "Yes there's really a surprising amount of space in here."

Rob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Nintendo Wii (what overpaid idiot came up with that name
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Nintendo Wii (what overpaid idiot came up with that name
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
we reserve most of the 'body functions'
by WOODS-HICK / November 19, 2006 9:30 AM PST

humor to regular programming. it might have started with the archie bunker 'flush' and has been going in the crapper** ever since.

**Thomas Crapper did not invent the flush toilet ? credit is usually given to Sir John Harington in 1596. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

going to the harington does sound more civilized. would you agree? mister ziks

Collapse -
(NT) I'm going to "Sir John" does have a ring to it.
by Ziks511 / November 19, 2006 10:55 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) really sir? I would advance it is more of a tinkle
by WOODS-HICK / November 19, 2006 3:19 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for getting the joke. RTB
by Ziks511 / November 21, 2006 8:32 PM PST
Collapse -
Yep. Ad men (persons, rather) can be sleazy critters but
by Steven Haninger / November 19, 2006 9:31 AM PST

I'm not sure if they're leading the pack or just exploiting it. Money must be laced with pheromones that neutralize ethics in some folks.

Collapse -
permission to come aboard?
by WOODS-HICK / November 19, 2006 10:16 AM PST
Collapse -
On a couple of Computer Gaming shows I've seen side by side
by Ziks511 / November 21, 2006 8:47 PM PST

comparisons, clearly the PS3 is much better at rendering, but at 3 times the cost ??? You can have just as much fun with the Wii and get a whole bunch of games into the bargain. Outside of the graphics I haven't heard that the physics of the cars, people, weapons, whatever, are any better on PS3 than on the lavatory machine. Its up to Sony to come up with or buy exclusive rights to something gob-smacking in the Gaming world, that everybody just has to have, and then their investment will pay off.

Then again my Sony Bravia TV cost almost 3 times what a 32" tube would have cost (alright twice) but its picture is jaw-dropping and I'd never settle for anything less any more. (The Sony Bravia XBR costs more than 3 times the cost of a tube, but on the wall I couldn't tell the difference between mine and the one selling for an extra $1,000 for the same size so I'm as happy as a pig in its preferred liquid relaxing goo. And DVD's? You don't need a Blue-Ray disc and player to appreciate the improvement.) Now I'm off to buy a copy of Oh, What a Lovely War! which I have been craving for years and they just released practically for my birthday (released on November 7th, just 2 days late).

Rob

Collapse -
Happy Belated Birthday, Rob!
by Cindi Haynes / November 22, 2006 7:12 AM PST
Collapse -
i think it comes from the blurb
by jonah jones / November 19, 2006 12:14 PM PST

"the New Ninetendo, Wii buy anything less"

Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.