General discussion

New Netbook

I'm looking to purchase a netbook for home use basically for web browsing and Office applications. Would like one with HDMI so I can watch Netflix on my LCD TV. Any suggestions? $500 maximum price. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New Netbook
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New Netbook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Beware.

These are not laptops. If you are at the keyboard for more than a hour you may be like most and regret the netbook choice.

As to HDMI, if it has HDMI then it will almost be assured you can use netflix as it would have the right video chipset and speed.

At 500 bucks you can get a normal laptop at many places.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks Bob. I do most WP stuff at the office, so I'm not too concerned about the keyboard. I like the idea of a netbook so I can take it more easily on commuter train if I choose to.

- Collapse -
netbook suggestion

Hi,

You should take a look at the Dell Inspiron Mini 10. It is very portable and has an HDIM port. I found it using a tool called PC Scout where you can search by specs and you can even select that you would only like to view netbooks. There are some other netbooks on there worth checking out!

I hope this helps!

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

- Collapse -
Thanks!

Thank you for your help Isabella!

CNET Forums

Forum Info