Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

New Mp3 Player help

by xjojomax / April 12, 2008 3:09 AM PDT

Hello, I'm a new user to Cnet, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. I have an ipod video (5th generation) but i have been a bit disapointed with it lately. It has gotten a lot of scratches on the screen, and itunes has been difficult to use. So I'm wondering if somebody could suggest a music player for me. Ill list the requirements:
In order of Importance:
Excellent music quality
large capacity player
wallet sized shape
video playability
easy syncing
simple/easy to use interface
Preferred, but not neccesary:
Internet browser
flash player enabled (youtube, etc.)
touch screen

I would also like to note that if you have something in mind but it doesnt exactly fit, I'm open to suggestions.
Thank you all in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Mp3 Player help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Mp3 Player help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New Mp3
by msjern / April 12, 2008 3:11 PM PDT
In reply to: New Mp3 Player help

Ipods have such a poor music quality.
Check out Samsung P2(one I have), IRiver Clix 2nd gen., or Cowon D2.

Collapse -
samsung p2
by xjojomax / April 13, 2008 7:28 AM PDT
In reply to: New Mp3

i've read about the cowon and the iriver but i havent even thought of samsung. How is your p2?

Collapse -
P2
by msjern / April 13, 2008 9:28 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung p2

The Sound quality is excellent, touch screen, there's 4Gb,8Gb and 16Gb version,
its a bit thick, about 0.9cm. Its video is great, 3 inch screen.
its a great player overall.

Collapse -
p2
by xjojomax / April 13, 2008 9:38 AM PDT
In reply to: P2

wow. It does sound very nice.
just one more question though. How do you do with syncing? What site or software would you reccomend for music downloads for the p2, or should i just use Cds?

Collapse -
p2
by msjern / April 13, 2008 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: p2

The p2 comes with a cd with its own software for sync, it can also sync with Windows media player, I dont have a site for music downloading; for CDs, you can rip it using Windows Media player or other softwares.

Collapse -
music store
by ktreb / April 13, 2008 3:38 PM PDT
In reply to: p2

An option for any mp3 player is Amazon's mp3 downloads store. There is no drm involved, so they can be played on any player. All of the major labels are involved as well as a bunch of indies, so you should be able to find quite alot. Right now, it's United States only, but Amazon is planning on rolling it out in as many countries as it can.

Collapse -
not as good
by baby_akhella / April 13, 2008 11:37 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung p2

hi,guys i've got one and didn't work well....and i dont reallyt understand why you say all that goods thing about that emp3 you've got

Collapse -
P2
by msjern / April 14, 2008 4:28 PM PDT
In reply to: not as good

Have u tried downloading the firmware 'Bluewave' 2 or beta 3,? And the bluetooth that can recieve calls and make calls from one's cellphone? and dictionary capability?

Collapse -
WhAt?!
by youngchulo / October 18, 2008 1:21 PM PDT
In reply to: not as good

it is too an amazing player!
I think you just dont know what to do with it Silly

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.