Phones forum

General discussion

New Moto V300 suddenly dropping calls

by hadray / August 23, 2004 7:13 AM PDT

I purchased a Moto V300 (T-mobile) a couple months back and suddenly my calls are all starting to drop after a few minutes regardless of where I am at. I have always had excellent service from T-Mo in my area and tried my hubby's Nokia 3390 (also T-Mobile)this weekend and it worked great. When I phoned T-Mobile about this they stated that I may need a new SIM card. (The SIM I have in the new phone is from an old phone I had). Could this be possible? Also, many of the dropped calls I am receiving are in my home that has a WLAN. Could this just be my WLAN's radio signals interfering with the V300 since it is a web enabled phone? As a test, I did shut down my WLAN and still received dropped calls though...Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Moto V300 suddenly dropping calls
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Moto V300 suddenly dropping calls
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: New Moto V300 suddenly dropping calls
by AFIASERWAAH / September 16, 2004 5:39 AM PDT

I have the same phone which I purchased 2 months ago. You are absolutely right. It doesn't matter where, calls just keep dropping. I trying to get T-mobile to replace the phone for me but they want me to pay for the other phone. It is a really a bogus phone. The unfortunate part is that my husband and me have the same phone and we are only two months into our one year contract.

Collapse -
Every V300 drops calls
by dimcneil / April 26, 2005 11:26 AM PDT

I had the same problem with my V300 where all my calls would drop after 12 to 13 minutes of connection. I went to several stores, called 611 three or four times and they told me they had never heard of this problem. Finally, after 2 months, they agreed to send me a new phone. I filled out the paperwork at the T-Mobile store and was told I would receive a new phone in 7-10 business days. After 6 weeks, still no phone. I called T-Mobile one last time and it seems they finally realize there is a problem (although they don?t call it a problem, it is just ?the way the phone works?). They now say that all V300s drop every call at between 10 to 15 minutes of connection. According to T-Mobile, if you power your V300 off once a day for at least 20 seconds, the phone will never drop a call. I hope it works. I have also had trouble with their rebate department. They claim they did not receive the phone box?s bar codes for the $200 rebate even though I have photo copies of everything I sent them, including the box?s bar codes that I sent in. I also had one of the T-Mobile customer service reps hang up on me when I called to complain about the dropped calls. Luckily I got his ID#. When I called back they said they ?terminate? phone calls with customers all the time if they feel they have answered the customers? question, but the customer will not get off the line. Because I was insisting the V300 dropped calls, he hung up on me. T-Mobile, in my opinion, is the worst large company I have ever dealt with. The only reason they are doing well is because they offer the best rebates and lowest prices on phones. However, they go out of their way to avoid paying the rebates, sell defective phones, and provide terrible customer service. You really get what you pay for at T-Mobile: Cheapest price = worst service.

Collapse -
I always had great service from
by Jerry562 / April 27, 2005 7:46 PM PDT

Cingular and the Samsung x427. I upgraded to a Motorola V551 (had to contribute $) and my wife and I are fighting about the phone. She keeps telling how bad the transmission is on her end and I'm stuck with it for two years. I got a new sim card with the purchase of this phone.

I'm looking for answers too. I'm trying to sell it and buy something else.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?