Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

New Modem

I have just installed a new v92 modem on my windows ME computer. Device manager shows it as working properly but it also still shows my old modem working properly. Do I need to do anything else to instruct the computer to use the new modem? Also, do I need to download new software for the phone interrupt feature? Thanks
Ron

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Modem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Modem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: New Modem

In reply to: New Modem

Never mind. Figured it out right after I posted the message. Too soon old, too late smart.
Ron

Collapse -

In reply to: New Modem

Did you follow the new modem's installation notes?

It's unclear if you did.

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: New Modem

Followed instructions and then used the installation disk that came with it. Simple, even for me. Then, when I saw two modems in device manager was confused. Further confused when I discovered my ISP (Infinity)allowed me to chose the new modem but then knocked me off line each time I tried to use it. Then discovered they did not allow V92 modem. They have been giving unsatisfactory service for some time now so I wrote a disgruntled email telling them so. Unfortunately, I am paid up for the next six months. Fortunately, I also am using access-for-free as a secondary ISP. They let me switch to the V92 modem and it seems to work ok. Haven't figured out the phone stuff yet but I have catch-a-call so am in no hurry. Sorry to write a book but you seemed interested and I guess I needed to unload. Thanks.
Ron

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.