Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New medical gel heals wounds

by grimgraphix / August 12, 2010 1:54 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New medical gel heals wounds
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New medical gel heals wounds
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
syrup does the same
by James Denison / August 12, 2010 2:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
I once knew a lady who had a unique, albeit bizarre way
by Steven Haninger / August 12, 2010 4:17 AM PDT
In reply to: syrup does the same

help heal small wounds and skin lesions by letter her dog lick them. She said the dog's tongue was cleaner than any bandage. I never had the heart to tell her that I thought I saw her dog trying to treat its own hemorrhoids. Happy

Collapse -
well, there was Lazarus
by James Denison / August 12, 2010 4:51 AM PDT

the beggar, in Luke 16. Don't know if it did him any good since he died.

Collapse -
Oh geeze..."letter" should be "letting" but I suppose I
by Steven Haninger / August 12, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

could have written that she "let 'er dog lick 'em".

Collapse -
Super glue.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 12, 2010 10:27 PM PDT

A while ago I slipped, fell, and gashed the back of my head. I had to go to Accident and Emergency for what I thought would be stitches.

They super glued my head! When they said what they were going to do I laughed at them, but they were serious, LOL

It worked, but I couldn't wash my hair for 5 days, then the super glue gradually washed away. But the wait was bad.

Collapse -
Super glue has been used this way for some years....
by EdHannigan / August 12, 2010 10:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Super glue.

Pretty clever.

Collapse -
Early Vaseline
by Willy / August 13, 2010 12:25 AM PDT

For eons, Indians and others knew that petroleum pits/up wells provided a cure for injuries. Applying the "muck" and whatever form devised would aid in healing wounds. The earliest form of this is basically Vaseline uncured/natural and applied. It allows to cover the wound from outside agents and maintain the wound to heal itself faster. Later, the gentleman who cleaned Vaseline up into its current form would burn himself and allow the cure to heal the wound in a much faster time than other methods. Wow, what a selling point, it later became the medicine side of what is common Vaseline jelly.

Understand, besides it earilest uses, much of it was disgarded. It was a mess no one really wanted from the early forms of oil drilling and it pretty much was lying about.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
good history
by James Denison / August 13, 2010 2:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Early Vaseline

That's the sort of stuff they should be teaching in the schools. If they spent most of the time now wasted on social programs instead on teaching about the pioneers of the basic things we use even today, how they were discovered or invented, how business made it successful, how government wasn't the agent for change, but entrepreneurs unencumbered by govt policies in those days were the change agents, etc, then the kids might actually learn something useful, instead of what all they are supposed to be offended about at every turn of the day. They could concentrate on doing something more than worrying what everyone else was doing that annoyed them.

Collapse -
Hard knocks
by Willy / August 13, 2010 11:17 AM PDT
In reply to: good history

I can't recall any great debate or hassles in what were my textbooks on school yrs. past. Now, it seems so much effort is mounted to appease some group or another. But, then think of the long term, we really have come a long way and overall not too bad for it. Its those dang blimps, that get all the attention. The school system is really a battleground of sorts for the community once it gets multi-faceted. But, then that's the American way, ever since Jamestown or similar. Introduction of new ways and/or possible adaption that works, if not by trail and error, learning by dying and passing the lesson of what really doesn't work. -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?