Samsung forum

General discussion

New lcd is running only 24hz on blu ray?

by ctracingraptor / November 28, 2009 2:22 PM PST

I just picked up a new ln52b630n1f, my blu ray player is my PS3, and from what i understand no current equipment plays at 120hz, and i understand that my tv will upscale the signal it is receiving to 120hz. but when i play my games on my ps3 the tv displat tells me that its running at 60hz, which is good enough for me. but when i put in a blu ray disc when the menu comes up for the movie it says its running at 60hz, but as soon as i begin to start the actually movie my screen flashes and then the tv display says its running at only 24hz? two days ago it said it was running at 60hz, but now that its only running at 24hz i can see a noticible difference with blurriness. How do i get my blu ray movies back to 60hz?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New lcd is running only 24hz on blu ray?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New lcd is running only 24hz on blu ray?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New lcd is running only 24hz on blu ray?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 29, 2009 5:33 AM PST

ctracingraptor,

24Hz is the setting for many Blu-Ray discs, since film sources (movies) are actually filmed in 24Hz. Video sources (like TV shows) are filmed at 60Hz, and many trailers may be mastered in that category.

Many video enthusiasts like 24Hz because 24 frames per seconds gives more of a "movie feel", but not everyone is a fan. You may check the output menu of the game console to see if you can turn 24FPS or 24Hz features off. (I own the "other" game console", so I don't know what the menu looks like since the last update).

I do know in the standalone Blu-Ray players, you can toggle that feature. You might also adjust down the AutoMotion Plus 120Hz feature in the video menu to reduce some additional processing, which some say can cause a 'blurry' effect.

--HDTech

Collapse -
s
by ctracingraptor / November 29, 2009 9:36 AM PST

but it was running at 60hz, and then i called samsung and they had me unplug my tv for 5 min, and now its running at 24hz, like i said i can see a noticible difference now that its running at 24hz and not 60hz, and my auto motion plus is turned off as per the samsung tech i spoke to on the phone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.