Question

new iPad vs. iPhone 5

So I am thinking about buying the iPhone 5, have already preordered it. But the more I think about it, I believe I would be far better served buying the new iPad or maybe even the next generation in a couple of months and reverting to a simple cell phone. What does everyone thing?

Oh, the other reason I am debating this is that I do not know the plans that will be available for the iPhone 5. I have an unlimited data plan on my 3GS and so am wondering if I will be able to keep that with 4GLTE, on At&T.

Anyone have good advice?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: new iPad vs. iPhone 5
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: new iPad vs. iPhone 5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
My brother has a grandfathered plan

So he could jump to the iPhone 5 and get an OK deal on the plan. I can't discuss plans and wonder if these companies can either. That is, I get the feeling I'm at some side show and there's a flim flam man selling tonic.

OK, What tablet do you use now and what for? I've lost count of folk that bought the tablet then griped about not being able to load up Microsoft Office.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: New iPad vs. iPhone 5

I am currently using the original iPad. There are no gripes here as I solely use the apple platform. I love my iPad but am wondering if it might be cheaper and more seamless (aren't we heading toward seamless technology?) to use the new iPad and some dirt cheap phone?

does that help?

- Collapse -
So some deal like my son's?

My son has the usual virgin mobile android 35 buck a month plan. I won't duplicate what that is but for not much I can turn it into a wifi hotspot by tethering it to my PC and then runnng Virtual Router. I can't duplicate the web or write a tutorial here but that's what I used.

Also, why not a cheap phone then some broadband hot spot card?
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
buying iphone5

I am iphone lover and like to play new game at my iPhone4. Recently I am ordered new iphone5, make sure this week it will be on my hand.

- Collapse -
Answer
Don't mess them together

iPad give you an all together a different hands on experience and iPhone 5 is different.
It's just what your demand says?
Individually both are extremely brilliant products and worth buying.
I would love to buy iphone 5 in near future too.

CNET Forums