General discussion

New iMac 27" quad i7. System fonts too small.

At this high resolution, apple declined to include a way to adjust the menu bar fonts and other system fonts. Isnt there a way to change the size of these things thru a 3rd party offering? Tinkertool changes everything but this,.
Couldnt even =read the serial number in the profiler to applecare.
Even with glasses on!
With a 27inch screen, you shouldnt have to zoom in on anything to see it. This is ridiculous!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New iMac 27" quad i7. System fonts too small.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New iMac 27" quad i7. System fonts too small.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Have you tried changing the screen resolution?
- Collapse -
Yes

Yes. But this has two problems. First, it causes the fonts to be fuzzy and second, the next lowest resolution dosent fill the screen at the sides.
No, this is not a user problem. Its a design flaw that Apple is apparently too lazy to address. There is no wway they looked at a 27" screen and didnt discuss this problem yet they decided to release it anyway. Bad Apple~!

- Collapse -
I wonder if there is anything about this

problem, user or not, at the Apple discussion site.

There certainly has been nothing said about the size of the fonts on this site that I have seen.

What resolution are you running the monitor at?

P

- Collapse -
There are some others complaining about it over there..

This 27" iMac comes with 2560x1440 as its default and the next highest is 1920x1200 which was the highest my old 24" screen would do. There is nothing inbetween the two.. But as stated, using the 1920x1200 res makes the fonts bigger but also blurs them somewhat.. also, the screen no longer fills out to both sides. sort of windowed.
Should not have to do this to read the fonts. Apple needs to enable some way for users to adjust these fonts sizes..

CNET Forums

Forum Info